Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Latest graphics drivers claim operating system is not supported

TimK
Beginner

I was prompted today to install newer drivers as follows:

Description:
This download installs the Intel® Graphics Driver for 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th generation, Apollo Lake, Gemini Lake, Amber Lake, Whiskey Lake, Comet Lake, and Lakefield.
Version: 27.20.100.8476
Release date: July 28, 2020
Size: 328.9 MB

Instead I get a dialog box as follows:

---------------------------
Error
This operating system is not supported.
OK

It's probably relevant to point out that I'm not using integrated graphics at all. I have it disabled in the bios and am using a discrete GPU instead.

Assuming that is the cause, then this error message is particularly misleading.

I'm running:
Windows 10 Pro version 2004
OS build 19041.388
Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Maria_R_Intel

Hello TimK,

Thank you for patiently waiting, please accept our apologies for the delay in the response.

Now we have a fix for this issue with the new Intel* DSA version.

Please, follow the below steps:

• Uninstall the existing Intel®️ Driver & Support Assistant (Intel®️ DSA) from Apps and Features:
  1. Click Start.
  2. Open Control Panel.
  3. Select Programs.
  4. Select Programs and Features.
  5. From the list that displays, click Intel®️ Driver & Support Assistant.
  6. Click Uninstall.
  7. A new window opens that offers to uninstall the program.

• Remove any remaining filed from the Intel®️ DSA in the system using the Uninstaller tool.
  • Download and reinstall the latest Intel®️ DSA version (20.9.36.10), run the installer as administrator (right-click on the icon and choose Run as Administrator). 

Hello @Dgyp,

We encourage you to try the same steps, if the issue persists since the system may be different, please open a new thread so we can assist you with accurate steps based on your system.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So we can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The misleading error messages was supposedly reported up to the driver team. @Ronny_G_Intel???

...S

Maria_R_Intel

Hello TimK,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community Forums.

Please provide us the below information:

• Was the prompt from the Intel* Driver and Support Assistance?
  • If so, please provide us with the IDSA log files, using the default location: Press "Windows Key + R" and in the Run box type "C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA\Logs"
  • Can you please try to install the driver without using Intel* DSA? Download it directly from downloadcenter.intel.com and run the installer.

Please run the following tool and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
TimK
Beginner

The prompt was from the installer executable, as launched by IDSA.

IDSA log directory is attached

SSU logs are attached

Please note that I have already been through the process of uninstalling/reinstalling IDSA as part of a separate issue. 

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello TimK,

Thank you for the information.

I would like to check this case internally, and I will be contacting you as soon as we have more details about it.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Dgyp
Beginner

I have the exact same problem with the install complaining that my OS is not the correct version.  I'm on 64-bit Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.450).

I'm using an i5-8400 with UHD Graphics 630 and it was working fine but I've been having a bad "flickering" (actually goes black and returns a second later every maybe... 20 minutes or so).

But, I made a big mistake and deleted the old driver before installing the new so now... I can't get a driver to install!  I tried about 5-8 versions going backwards, tried the latest Beta version - all of them tell me my OS isn't supported!

Please fix ! 🙂

--------------update... an hour later 🙂

My issue resolved itself.  I rebooted and when I came back to the Driver & Support Assistant page (I'm not even sure why I went there... did my system prompt me to?).  It then showed that I needed a graphics driver update - so I followed the bouncing ball and for some reason, this time it installed fine (that page did NOT detect any issue with the driver earlier).

So... not sure why it was different (other than of course the reboot) but my issue is resolved now.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello TimK,

Thank you for patiently waiting, please accept our apologies for the delay in the response.

Now we have a fix for this issue with the new Intel* DSA version.

Please, follow the below steps:

• Uninstall the existing Intel®️ Driver & Support Assistant (Intel®️ DSA) from Apps and Features:
  1. Click Start.
  2. Open Control Panel.
  3. Select Programs.
  4. Select Programs and Features.
  5. From the list that displays, click Intel®️ Driver & Support Assistant.
  6. Click Uninstall.
  7. A new window opens that offers to uninstall the program.

• Remove any remaining filed from the Intel®️ DSA in the system using the Uninstaller tool.
  • Download and reinstall the latest Intel®️ DSA version (20.9.36.10), run the installer as administrator (right-click on the icon and choose Run as Administrator). 

Hello @Dgyp,

We encourage you to try the same steps, if the issue persists since the system may be different, please open a new thread so we can assist you with accurate steps based on your system.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello TimK,

Now that the thread is solved, I will proceed to close it.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos