Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20947 Discussions

Lenovo Thinkpad / Intel HD 520 wont connect to LG TV

dub81
Beginner

Hello,
i tried multiple times via google or the search function on this forum.
but i couldnt solve this problem on my own.

I have a pretty old but reliable Lenovo Thinkpad with a Intel HD 520.
The exact model is X270. It has a Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.50 GHz,
16,0 GB RAM, Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I use a regular HDMI cable and am trying to connect it to a LG TV.
The TVs model is 43LK571C-TB

The TV recognizes that someting is plugged in as the HDMI2 sign on the TV becomes white instead of grey. But whenever i enter this mode it just says "No Signal".

If someone could please help me finally solve this issue.
If you need any more info please let me know.
Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MUC
Valued Contributor II

Has the laptop ever worked with another display device via HDMI?

Does the HDMI cable work with another device?

To see what the graphics card driver is receiving, please create a Report for Intel Graphics Drivers when the laptop is connected to the TV and attach the output file here.

You can also try these tips from LG Online Manual:

MUC_0-1720644112867.png

Please turn off SIMPLINK within the TV settings. It is not needed here and may just be a nuisance.

MUC_1-1720644398639.png

0 Kudos
dub81
Beginner

Thank you for replying,

yes, i had the chance to test the device with another TV and it worked without any issues.
But the hdmi cable was also another one.
I do not have any chance to test the hdmi cable i am currently using with another device.
So there is a possibility that this might cause the problem, i cant rule that out.

I also followed the LG guide you posted, unfortunately with the same result.
PC shows connection as it is white and not greyed out, but it still shows "no signal".

Please see the reports attached.

0 Kudos
MUC
Valued Contributor II

The report shows that the Intel driver only recognizes the computer's built-in display. Strange.

For laptops, it's possible that the drivers have been modified by the manufacturer to support the features of the platform as intended by the manufacturer. However, the driver version you're using is the latest one released by Lenovo for X270 (Type 20K6, 20K5) ThinkPad Laptop. That's fine. I can't see any error.

0 Kudos
dub81
Beginner

I see, thank you. So i will buy and try another cable. Maybe that is the problem.
And if not, i shall use the wireless connection between laptop and tv 😅

0 Kudos