Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization

Lenovo

CKrue
Beginner

Can anyone tell me why it is that Lenovo do not have to update the Intel graphic drivers?

I keep seeing all these update for the Intel graphic chip that is part of my laptop, yet Lenovo never updates it.

For some reason they do not have the same power over Nvidia, as I am able to get the very latest of it.

just seems strange to me.

It has also made me not want to ever purchase another Lenovo, if they cannot do updates.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello dragun

Thank you for joining the Intel® community.

Allow me to share with you the Intel is constantly releasing the drivers for the Intel® HD graphics controller, these driver in your case could be used as generic driver given the you are using a Lenovo system; this is due to each original equipment manufacturer (OEM) would customized the driver for their specific systems models.

The Lenovo updates available for the Intel® HD graphics on your system are handled by them. I would recommend contacting Lenovo's support to verify for new upcoming driver updates for your system.

Hope his help.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos