Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Lighting Problems on Intel Iris Xe and ARC series (Sonic Frontiers)

pankekesveraf
Beginner

There's an issue present in both Iris Xe and Arc series GPUs where the lighting would make the game's overworld be really dark, making it hard to see.

It seems it's mostly prevalent when the game switches to the night as during the day it's seems mostly fine. In addition, all the water in the game seems to not load at all just leaving black pools.

For reference, here is a video demonstrating the issue:

https://twitter.com/WatchSilasTV/status/1590094138657378304 

-Lighting and water

https://twitter.com/AsparingA/status/1591038483396964354

-Water

This problem seem to occur only on Intel GPUs at the time and no other platforms seems to run this problem. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello pankekesveraf,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities.  

To have a better understanding please answer the questions:

• Does this issue happen with different Intel® Graphics cards or with a specific model?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you done?
  • What game version do you have installed?
  • Download, run, save and attach the report for the following tool Intel® System Support Utility for Windows (SSU), you can find the steps on the link How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
pankekesveraf
Beginner

Hi, thansk for answering.

The problem seems to occur on most Intel graphics cards like Iris Xe and Arc. It's seems like a problem on Intel cards in general

I found a solution to this problem by using DXVK 2.0 Async, a Vulkan-based translation layer for Direct3D 9/10/11 which allows running 3D applications on Linux. For reference, my OS is Windows and it fixed all issues

My version of the game is 1.01

The report that Intel® System Support Utility gave me is at the end of this comment

Hope this can help fix this issue on Itel graphic cards as most users may not know about DXVK

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello pankekesveraf,

Thank you for the feedback provided it is really important to us.

As you have found the solution to the issue, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos