Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20959 Discussions

Lighting issues in Helldivers 2

Tigerpyro
Beginner

While in orbit I can see everything clearly and it's well lit. Cutscenes are good too. However, during missions it's like someone turned off the lights! I can vaguely make out silhouettes of things in the distance, and close up things are dark, but slightly easier to see. I know this is not normal based on viewing many other's experiences and watching other's videos about the same missions/tutorial that do not look right for me (those others are on different graphics cards). Even my character shows up as mostly a silhouette, with some light catching here and there. 

Sometimes if I minimize the game and bring it back up it looks good for a split second. It seems almost like there's a darkening layer that gets added onto the screen, but only during missions and the tutorial. 

Playing on a Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL.

Windows 10 Enterprise

Intel 11th gen i7

Intel Iris Xe graphics

40gb RAM

512gb SSD

All drivers and BIOS are up to date

I have haven't had this issue on any other game before (Destiny 2, Palworld, Roblox, Star Citizen, etc).

I did find a YouTube video where a creator has a mini desktop with Iris Xe graphics and experiences the same issue. He says that the Spider Man Remastered had a similar issue with Iris Xe graphics. I saw a post about that in these forums relating to a driver update fixing this. Link to video: https://youtu.be/_V22W3hkeC4?si=GEC3Fu7RhXcYX_SD

I've included screenshots of what it looks like in orbit (on your ship), at the start of the tutorial mission and I was able to capture a screenshot of that split second where it looks like it's supposed to after opening the game from being minimized from that same vantage point.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
mnl
Beginner
Same here. i7-1255u
Real pity. FPS is rly nice but this makes the game unplayable.
0 Kudos
Ggs_Abdel
Beginner
Hi, did the driver update you Saw on forum worked and if yes coule you send it
0 Kudos
wildman1
Beginner

I have the same issue, the game runs perfectly but is completely dark making really dificult to play it

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Tigerpyro, 

Thank you for posting in our communities. 

Based on the system requirements of HELLDIVERS 2, it appears that your system specifications do not meet them. 

• Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti or AMD Radeon RX 470 
  • Dedicated Video RAM: 4096 MB 

The game requires a discrete graphics card and dedicated video RAM of 4096 MB. You may check your dedicated video RAM using DXDiag under the Display Devices section. 

How to use DXDiag to check dedicated video RAM: 

1. Hold the Windows key on your keyboard. 
  2. Tap the R key to open the Run window. 
  3. In the pop-up window, type dxdiag. 
  4. Press the Enter key. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool will load. 
  5. Go to the Display Devices section, then check for display memory (VRAM). 

If you have any more questions, please let me know; we would be pleased to help. 

Thank you, and have a great day ahead! 

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
salute
Beginner

I have the same problem on my Matebook 14 ( i5-1135G7).

💪 Give us a driver update in the name of democracy!

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Tigerpyro, 

We are checking in with you on the issue that we have with Helldivers 2 in case you have any additional queries or require further explanation. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Tigerpyro, 

We are checking in with you on the Helldivers 2 issue that we have, as we have not heard any response from you.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Tigerpyro, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. You may also contact the game developers of the game if they can provide you with any suggestions on our enquiry.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos