Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20724 Discussions

Like Vista, Win7 Aero and Mobile4 latest drivers causing image corruption

idata
Employee

This issue occurs with high frequency with Windows 7. The issue was seen with Vista infrequently. Both versions of the OS were Ultimate.

Win7 Aero Themes show corrupted desktop background, window border buttons and even content inside the window. See attached images for examples.

Graphics Driver (on-board graphics solution):

Product DetectedMobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset FamilyCurrent Driver Installed8.15.10.1855

Machine: HP 2730p (Tablet PC)

I know that this driver is beta for Win7. The issue is that the same problem happened when this machine was running Vista Ultimate with WHQL certified drivers from Intel. With this version of the driver, the problem take less than a minute to occur vs. it took a few days before it happened with Vista ultimate.

Hovering over buttons or menu option corrects a portion of the image - seems like whatever refreshed like a button or menu or even the contect inside the window.

This is a major bug because it makes using the computer a total nuisance.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
idata
Employee

I used some software to tell me the status of virtualization on my dell laptop (Studio 1555), and it says it's "locked off". So the feature it's disabled but i still have the problem with the graphic. Any help??

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Check to see if it's disabled in the bios settings.

0 Kudos