Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20809 Discussions

Limit HDMI output of Intel HD 4000

idata
Employee

Hello together,

I have a problem with my new /content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-board-dz77ga-70k.html DZ77GA-70K board. When I try to connect my TV (Samsung) to the output of my onboard graphics card I get the message "not supported singal" on the screen of my tv. I researched that it is just hd-ready and so it is not possible to show 1080p signals. Is there an option to limit the output to 720p of the onboard HD 4000?

Thank's a lot Andy.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RMitr1
New Contributor I

set your desktop resolution to 720p or whatever your samsung supports/reports.

In fact if that is the only screen attached, windows should select the correct one by itself.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm sorry but I just see the boot loader. At the moment when windows should appear no supported signal....so I have no chance to set any resolution.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Does your system and TV allow for another connection such as DVI, VGA, or DP? If yes, are you able to connect?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

No sorry. There is just an HDMI output. But I tried the connection with my bigger TV which has fullHD. There it works fine! Also I used an adapter to convert the HDMI signal to VGA to use that input on the small one but also no supported signal. The resolution which that monitor gets is to big.

0 Kudos