Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20684 Discussions

Little but annoying problem with the HD4000

DSt
Beginner

Hi,

i purchased two Samsung 770Z7E notebooks a few weeks ago for two friends of mine.

The 770Z7E supports two graphics adapter, the HD4000 integrated into the Intel Ivy Bridge mobile processor and a AMD Mobility Radeon 8870M

Everything works as expected but there is one issue which in my opinion could be related to the HD4000 because its the primary display adapter.

(The Mobility Radeon only kicks in for specific and graphic intense applications)

The problem occurs esspecially under Microsoft Word 2013.

If i try to point my mouse over a certain text in word 2013, it should show a box which displays the text and give me additional informations.

The issue now is that the box appears and disappears right after that, that happens so fast that i can`t see whats written in the box.

Sorry if i can`t describe it any better but i hope you can comprehend what i am talking about.

The reason why i assume that the problem might be related to the graphics driver/adapter is that if i try to reproduce the problem inside

a virtuial machine everything runs as it should.

I hope you have an idea what i can do to solve the problem. I installed the x64 graphic driver provided by samsung (9.17.10.2963).

If i try to install the latest driver version (9.18.10.3165) problems occur which seem to be related to the Mobility Radeon 8870M.

(Aero Glass will be disabled right after the systems boots)

Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello LittleSilicon,

I am afraid to say that the graphics controllers is not related to Microsoft* office tools.

My best recommendation is to uninstall the software and reinstall it again. If you want to download the latest driver from our side, you can get it at:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22842&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=Drivers https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22842&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=Drivers

It is also important to mention that since your computer comes with switchable graphics, the computer system manufacturer has developed custom drivers for your unit.

0 Kudos
DSt
Beginner

I am afraid reinstalling Office 2013 won`t help. I have two of the same notebooks with the exact same configuration and the problem occurs on both notebooks. Beside from the problem in office i have have other issues which sound similar to me.

Sometimes when i try to maximize a window in windows 7 x64 the window doesn`t overlay over an existing window (i can`t describe it any better i hope you get the idea) it just doesn`t come up into the foreground which is the exact experience i had in office 2013 where the popup box disappears behind my word 2013 paper after round about 1 second.

I would love to try the latest driver for the Intel HD4000 but unfortunately it doesn`t seem to work in tandem with the Mobility Radeon 8870M. Of course i downloaded the latest driver from samsung which currently is 9.17.10.2963.

Any further ideas?

0 Kudos
HRats
Beginner

Hi LittleSilicon,

I have the same problem you mentioned above, but no solution. Just wanted to confirm it might be a Microsoft Office 2013 issue.I have a Radeon HD5450 and AMD cpu running under Win7 64bits ultimate. And I have the most recent WHQL drivers.

I just reinstalled windows 3 times in a row because of other software installation mistakes. And I got the same issue for Office2013.

When excel or word is open, then launch another program, the first goes to the background.

When I try to maximize its windows or click to go to the foreground, It does not show up, only a part of the ribbon is active, the document main part is hidden.

In a virtualbox, everything is ok.

A workaround would be to close word windows, then, re-lauch the program to get it in the foreground..

I am still interested if you have a better solution.
0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi guys,

As mentioned before this issue is not related to the Intel Graphics Controller since skyrail is having problems with the AMD processor too.

Based on the information posted, I think it is related to a compatibility issue with the tool and any service on the operating system. I recommend you contacting MS and report this issue to them and see if with a windows update or a patch from their side this issue can be fixed.

0 Kudos
SMAHM
Beginner

I M NEW TO D COMMUNITY...MY DELL LAPTOP HAS HD 4000 GRAPHICS ..YESTERDAY I UPDATE THE DRIVER.INSTALL NEW DRIVER.THEN I PLAYED WELL.BUT WHEN I RESTART MY LAPTOP THE SCREEN GOES SOMETHING COLOURING.LIKE....WHATEVER.SO I GO BACK TO THE PREVIOUS VERSION.....I WANT 2 USE DS VERSION WHAT HAPPENING PLZ TELL ME

0 Kudos