Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Loss of third monitor after Graphics or BIOS update

BLothrop
Beginner

Can I reverse an update run by the Intel Driver & Support Assistant?  After a recent update (I believe it was for the BIOS), I lost the ability to use three monitors.  I have a Dell OptiPlex 7010 (Win 10 64-bit) with two DisplayPort and one VGA connection on which I have been running three VGA monitors for several years.  Since the update, I can only use TWO monitors at a time.  It identifies all three monitors, but will only allow me to enable two – whichever two I choose of the three, but only two at a time.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BLothrop
Beginner

Intel Graphics Card:  Intel® HD Graphics 2500

"Device ID" is:  PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0152&SUBSYS_05771028&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10

System Processor:  Intel® Core™ i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes, for graphics, you simply run the installer for the previous version of the package. You will then have to watch IDSA and deselect the upgrade driver.

There's a user with Intel HD Graphics 4600 that is seeing the same issue; they cannot get three monitors to work simultaneously. He can select any pair that he wishes but not all three,

...S

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

It is important to note that IDSA has nothing to do with a Dell bios update, if the bios update is part of your problem.

0 Kudos