Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Low Resolution

Miras
Beginner

I have a resolution problem on my Lenovo M700 G4400T. It doesn't give me more than 1920x1080. I have a PC connected with Displayport to a Grundig UHD 4K TV. I have a new win10 installation, the latest drivers. Does anyone have an idea? Thank you very much

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

Miras
Beginner

thank you for the very quick reply

0 Kudos
Miras
Beginner

New LOG with the latest GPU driver. 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Using one of your Core i7-6700T processor's DisplayPort 1.2 outputs, it is most-certainly capable of supporting a 4K TV/monitor at 60Hz. I have an Intel NUC NUC6i5SYH, which has the Core i5-6260U processor. With the support of a good quality DP-to-HDMI adapter, it drives a 4K TV at 60Hz without any issues.

You say that you are using one of the unit's DisplayPort outputs. How exactly are you connecting it to the TV? Here are examples of the quality adapters/cables that you should be using:

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Miras
Beginner

Hi, 

I ´m looking at it now😬, my whole problem will probably be in the cable.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Miras, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to confirm with you if testing a different cable solved your problem? If it did not, can you please provide the following?  

1. Run the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers and provide the outcome, follow this link

2. Provide more details about the connection: 

• Brand and model of the display. 
  • From your PC to the monitor, are you using a straight connection or are you using any adapter/converter? 
  • What is the resolution that you want to accomplish? 

Regards, 

Sebastian M

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Miras
Beginner

Ahoj,

Objednal jsem si nové kabely s podporou 4K / 60Hz a čekám

displej: TV UHD Grundig 65 flx 9590 bp

kabel přímého připojení DisplayPort / hdmi (zde bude problém, zatím nemám kabel s podporou 4K)

Chci rozlišení 4K HDR

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Miras,  

Thank you for your reply. 

Our support is only provided in English. We may not be able to translate screenshots attached to the thread. To better assist you, we use a translation tool, hence; the translation may not be completely accurate.  

Your processor's graphics are capable of running 4096x2304@24Hz via HDMI and 4096x2304@60Hz via DP. Please check here under Processor Graphics: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/90614/intel-pentium-processor-g4400t-3m-cache-2-90-ghz.html  

However, that resolution will also depend on your PC's limitation, you should check with your system manufacturer (OEM) to verify if this PC supports that resolution or not. Also as mentioned by the community, the cable needs to be good enough to support the bandwidth required by the resolution.  

I would also appreciate if you can provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers, remember to follow these instructions: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html What you provided before was the Intel® DSA report. 

Regards,  

Sebastian M 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Miras,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Miras,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Miras
Beginner

Hi, my torment with low resolution continues. I got the right cables and there is no difference, still only max full hd. To be sure, I did a new installation of windows again. I'm starting to think that the manufacturer Lenovo has artificially limited the resolution for this PC 😞

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Have you ever gotten a response from Lenovo?

...S

0 Kudos
Miras
Beginner
0 Kudos