Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20950 Discussions

MSAA with sRGB not supported on HD Graphics 4000 and opengl

Daniel_S_2
Beginner

(EDIT :got the model name names wrong before)

its works fine on the 3000 with openGL and with the HD Graphics 4000  with directX ,and Mac-mini

with the 4000 we needed to add

WGL_FRAMEBUFFER_SRGB_CAPABLE_ARB

to wglChoosePixelFormatEXT in order to get corect sRGB rendering,

on older HW only calling glEnabe with GL_FRAMEBUFFER_SRGB  got the correct frame buffer sRGB behavior .

the 4500 seems to respect GL_FRAMEBUFFER_SRGB   only for pixels formats with WGL_FRAMEBUFFER_SRGB_CAPABLE_ARB, as needed by the opengl spec, but it seems to break MSAA.

there no pixel format with WGL_FRAMEBUFFER_SRGB_CAPABLE_ARB and WGL_SAMPLE_BUFFERS_ARB   for HD Graphics 4000           

we are using the latest drivers   (Dec 2014)

is that a bug, or there a work arounds?

tnx

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Michael_C_Intel2
Employee

Hi,

Based on your description it sounds like it could be a driver issue. You should not have to add WGL_FRAMEBUFFER_SRGB_CAPABLE_ARB with HD4000. I need to double check on that though. I am moving your post to the Graphics Driver Bug Reporting forum. If you look at the How to report suspected graphics driver issues sticky post you will see a format to report issues in. If you do that for me I can get an internal ticket filed. this will help as I discuss this issue with our OpenGl driver developer team.

Thanks!

0 Kudos