Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20843 Discussions

Microsoft Flight Simulator atmosphere scattering graphics bug

alowap
Beginner

All information about hardware and issue is in docx and txt files

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VonM_Intel

Hi, alowap.

To comprehensively address the instability issues you are experiencing, please follow the steps outlined below:

Steps to Resolve Graphics Issue

1. Update the Graphics Driver: Please download and install the custom-made Lenovo graphics driver, version 31.0.101.5333. It's important to opt for a clean installation during this process.
  2. Alternative Driver: Should the problem persist, consider trying our generic graphics driver, version 31.0.101.5534.
  3. Game Updates: Verify that the game is running on its most recent version, as updates may contain essential bug fixes and improvements.
  4. Reinstall Shaders: If possible within the game's settings, attempt to reinstall or recompile the shaders.
  5. Adjust Game Settings: Tweak the game's graphical settings, with a focus on atmospheric effects, to determine if this ameliorates the issue.

Additionally, , please note that this is an OEM device, we will try to assist you with general troubleshooting steps even if it’s something not traditionally covered in our support. However, if the issue still persists, you will have to contact the Original Equipment Manufacturer of your device. Your device manufacturer may have altered features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to some components for better compatibility with your system.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, alowap.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

We will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once available.

Best regards,

Von M.

VonM_Intel

Hi, alowap.

We appreciate your patience.

Upon reviewing the system requirements for the game, Microsoft Flight Simulator. It has come to our attention that a discrete graphics card is necessary for optimal performance. Upon further inspection of the SSU logs, it appears that your system is presently using integrated graphics alone, lacking a discrete graphics card. This could potentially explain the performance issues you've encountered.

For a more thorough investigation, we would like to know the following:

• Are you aware of the hardware configuration used by another user who is achieving satisfactory graphics performance with this game? If so, could you kindly share the specifications of that user's computer?
  • Could you specify the platform on which you are playing Microsoft Flight Simulator? Is it through Xbox, Steam, or another service?
  • Have you had the opportunity to reach out to Lenovo for assistance regarding this issue?

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
alowap
Beginner

Hi, I don't have issue with performance, it's comfortable to play, but I have graphics bug with atmosphere. Another user probably using nvidia video card, i can't contact with him. I'm playing through Xbox. I don't think that Lenovo support will help, it's related to shaders that game using not hardware that included in my Lenovo laptop. 

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello alowap,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the questions we posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter. 

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, alowap.

Thank you for the update.

We'll conduct additional research on this issue and provide a response on this thread once we have more information available.

Best regards,

Von M.

VonM_Intel

Hi, alowap.

To comprehensively address the instability issues you are experiencing, please follow the steps outlined below:

Steps to Resolve Graphics Issue

1. Update the Graphics Driver: Please download and install the custom-made Lenovo graphics driver, version 31.0.101.5333. It's important to opt for a clean installation during this process.
  2. Alternative Driver: Should the problem persist, consider trying our generic graphics driver, version 31.0.101.5534.
  3. Game Updates: Verify that the game is running on its most recent version, as updates may contain essential bug fixes and improvements.
  4. Reinstall Shaders: If possible within the game's settings, attempt to reinstall or recompile the shaders.
  5. Adjust Game Settings: Tweak the game's graphical settings, with a focus on atmospheric effects, to determine if this ameliorates the issue.

Additionally, , please note that this is an OEM device, we will try to assist you with general troubleshooting steps even if it’s something not traditionally covered in our support. However, if the issue still persists, you will have to contact the Original Equipment Manufacturer of your device. Your device manufacturer may have altered features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to some components for better compatibility with your system.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos