Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20710 Discussions

Minecraft lag on HP Pavillion g6 Notebook PC.

RMana1
Beginner

Hello First I'm sorry if the thread is not in the right forum but I need help.

I need help because I play Minecraft but I get like 15 FPS if in the world are big buildings I get like 5-7 FPS (In minimal settings)

My laptop specs are:

HP Pavillion g6 Notebook PC.

Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6200 @ 2.13 GHz 2.13 GHz.

RAM 3.00 GB (2,86 GB usable)

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Operating System.

Video Card:

Intel(R) HD Graphics (Pentium)

Total Available Graphics Memory 1274MB

Dedicated Video Memory 64MB

System Video Memory 0 MB

Shared System Memory 1210 MB

What is causing my laptop to lag on that game ? Is it because I use 64 bit OS on 3GB RAM than 32 bit OS?

Please help me because I want to play Minecraft normally.I don't plan buying a new laptop.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello m0ns7err,

Thank you for sharing these details.

I would like to confirm more information about your system configuration so can you attach here your system information report?

How to get it?

System Information: Click Start> Type System Information> Click File> Export> Save File> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

Besides this, do you know if the Game is running with latest patch?

I appreciate all information you can provide.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
RMana1
Beginner

This is the system configuration file.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello m0ns7err,

What version of the game are you running?

Based on the latest game version (1.8), the graphics controller needed to run the game is a little higher than the one your computer is running.

Check for game updates if you have a old version of the game.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
RMana1
Beginner

I'm running on 1.8 but I get the same issue on 1.7.2,1.6.2..I'm using the mod Optifine to reduce the lag but when I play on bigger server (Mineplex,Hivemc etc.) I get 15 FPS with Optifine.I have 2 questions

First if I reinstall my windows to 32bit OS will it make a difference ?

Secoond is there any other way that I can use to make my FPS little bit more (like 30-35) that I don't get the lag?

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello m0ns7err,

Changing the Operating System to a 32 bit version should not make a different on game performance since this is related to System (hardware horsepower) performance.

I have checked this on a system similar to yours and I was not able to replicate this performance issue. Remember that when a processor has been designed for mobile platforms, it means the CPU processing power will be lower than a desktop platform due to the low voltage and power consumption design.

So I would say problem is with the system horsepower rather than the graphics controller.

I hope this helps you.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
RMana1
Beginner

Okay my last question is:

Is there anyway that I can use to improve my FPS little bit more just that I don;t get the lag?

0 Kudos
vdaga1
Beginner

im having the same issue.

when playing minecraft, GPU-Z reports 370~ mhz

when playing other games, GPU-Z shows my gpu ramps up to 770!

wish there was a fix.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi m0ns7err,

I would say the only way is upgrading your system.

Hi Vasco,

Please stay with your other thread.

0 Kudos