Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20708 Discussions

Missing 1920x1200 after upgrade to 4953 and 5333

handro
Beginner

Dell Latitude 5530 with i7-1255U. Not sure what my starting driver version was, but after using "Dell Command | Update" to do a BIOS/Dock/Graphics driver update, I noticed my second monitor (Samsung S24E650) is only goes up to 1920x1080, where before it was at 1920x1200.

The same is seen on 4953 and 5333 driver versions. 

• Dell utility updated the driver from unknown previous version to 4953. After a reboot I first noticed the issue
  • Dell didn't have any more updates but Ark Control was showing 5333 was available, so I upgraded to the latest 5333. 

Attached Intel Graphics Command. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Handro,

Thank you so much for the response.

We have found this Dell community thread that is related to our issue, and they have found a way to resolve it. Please check this thread to see if this might help to fix our issue:

https://www.dell.com/community/en/conversations/laptops-general-locked-topics/cant-change-resolution-after-installing-new-video-driver/647e5015f4ccf8a8defb89ce

And I would also like to recommend that you try to clean install your graphics driver using DDU, then update your graphics card using Dell graphics drivers.

And if the issue still persists, you can download the new release intel graphics, which is the graphics driver version: 31.0.101.5379.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Handro,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Based on my research, the issue that we have is mostly due to graphics-related issues.

In regards to that, please follow the troubleshooting steps outlined on the link below:

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Handro,

We are checking in with you on the screen resolution issue to see if you have already performed the troubleshooting steps that we have provided or if you have any additional queries. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any. 

Thank you, and have a great day! 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
handro
Beginner

Thank you for the follow up. I tried most of the steps on the link you sent but no change.

1. The Samsung S24E650 monitor does support 1920x1200.
  2. Drivers have been updated to mentioned version in original post.
  3. Intel Graphics Command Center is 1.100.5390.0
  4. INF installed from Samsung's website
  5. BIOS updated via Dell
  6. I need to get a dongle to test the cable directly as the laptop does not have any HDMI ports.
  7. Dock firmware updated via Dell
  8. Tried another cable between monitor and dock but no change. 
0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Handro,

Thank you so much for the response.

We have found this Dell community thread that is related to our issue, and they have found a way to resolve it. Please check this thread to see if this might help to fix our issue:

https://www.dell.com/community/en/conversations/laptops-general-locked-topics/cant-change-resolution-after-installing-new-video-driver/647e5015f4ccf8a8defb89ce

And I would also like to recommend that you try to clean install your graphics driver using DDU, then update your graphics card using Dell graphics drivers.

And if the issue still persists, you can download the new release intel graphics, which is the graphics driver version: 31.0.101.5379.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
handro
Beginner

Thank you for the help. The first suggestion didn't work as I already has unchecked "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display". Also that post in 19 years old and refers to Windows XP 

However the DDU and then using Intel Support Assist to install the recommended 5333 driver and now my monitor shows correct at 1920x1200. 

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Handro,

Thank you so much for keeping us updated and for the time and effort you put into trying out our recommendations.

And by the way, we are truly happy to hear that our issue has been resolved.

We will close this enquiry now as the issue that we have has already been resolved. If you need our assistance again in the future, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

You may receive an invitation to take a survey in a few days. We value your feedback and look forward to hearing about your support experience.

Please take the time to complete our survey so we can learn more about you, our valued customers, and how we can enhance our shared resources, product development, and customer service.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos