Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21068 Discussions

Mixed language display problem with Intel HD graphics control panel for Win 10 (64bit)

XZebr
Beginner

I have been plagued by the language switch problem encountered by many Intel HD graphic driver users, my OS is win 10 English 64bit, but with the non-Unicode supporting the Chinese language, since we do need such a multiple language configuration. Now the Intel Graphic Control Panel along with the right-click menu for Intel graphic is in Chinese while all other interfaces remain in English. It is quite uncomfortable with such an awkward mixed display. Could you please let me know the bug fix or solution which should be useful and effective for removing this trouble?

I have tried hard to solve this annoying problem, even followed some tips and workarounds as posted by many practitioners, but unsuccessful for the Win 10(64bit). This problem still remains to be discussed and solved, since all those tips and tricks posted on the websites don't work fine with this phenomenon.

As you may know, this problem has caused widespread headaches of Intel driver users, but why Intel has not taken any action to correct it, even with the new updates.

I wonder if you have a good way or solution for fixing this display bug, I would much appreciate it if you, representing the Intel, could offer us the most-needed help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Helpless_User:

Could you please let us know the following;

• Computer model.
  • CPU model.
  • Windows® 10 build version.
  • Driver version installed.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
XZebr
Beginner

Hi, thank you very much for your response to my question. Pleas note the following information you requested:

Computer model: Sony VAIO Pro 11

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U @ 1.80GHz 2.39GHz

Windows version: Windows 10 Education 64bit build number:10240

Graphics driver: Intel(R) HD Graphics 20.19.15.4300

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In fact I once encountered such problem in the previous version of windows 8.1, but we can manage to work around this problem by renaming the English LRC file to that for Chinese language to "cheat" the OS system, so as to let it show English interface. But now for Windows 10, this trick does not work anymore. It seems that the graphic control panel and right-click menu for the part of Intel Graphics is internally connected to the locale setting. It will not make any change by working around the those language packs.

I do hope you can help me work out a solution. Thanks

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Thank you for the information.

We're now tracking all future updates on this topic in this thread:

Please continue to monitor support and provide information or comments there. We appreciate your support in making Intel products the best they can be.

Regards

0 Kudos