Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20794 Discussions

Monitor not detected properly and reports incompatible signal with ARC Drivers > 31.0.101.4578

ergo70
Beginner

Since ARC Driver  > 31.0.101.4578, my HP ZR30w Monitor is not recognized correctly anymore, resulting in incompatible signal and no image. This is reproducible by switching back and forth between driver versions.

I have attached the requested files.

best regards

Ernst-Georg

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello ergo70

We apologize that this issue has taken time to be resolved since we know it is important to have your monitor recognized and work as expected.

We have been actively investigating this issue and implemented a fix in our latest driver version 31.0.101.4885. Please update to the latest version and share your feedback with us, if the issue still happens after a regular update we recommend using Display Driver Uninstaller. You can also test the latest 31.0.101.4887 that was recently released.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello ergo70

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I see you are experiencing no display issue due to the monitor not being properly recognized when updating to driver 31.0.101.4578.

I want to let you know there is even a newer driver version from the one you are installing, I would advise you to use Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall previous driver installation and while in safe mode update to the latest driver version 31.0.101.4644 or 31.0.101.4669.

If the issue continues to happen, I would like to clarify some information. I see you mentioned the issue is reproducible between drivers, Is there any driver version that was working fine for you?

To discard possible physical issues, have you tried connecting the DP cable directly to the monitor instead of the GPU, Does the same issue happen? Is your connection a native DP cable or do you use any type of video adapter? Sometimes video adapters can cause incompatibility issues.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
ergo70
Beginner

Hello Hugo,

thank you for your quick reply. I'm a bit puzzled, because all the necessary information is in the attached "Graphics Bug Report" file?

Anyway: 31.0.101.4578 is the latest Driver that works. 31.0.101.4644 WHQL and 31.0.101.4669 do not work anymore. There is only a single Monitor attached, with a vanilla DP Cable. The Monitor and cable work fine with 31.0.101.4578 (and also attached to a RTX3060).

The issue can reliably be reproduced by switching back and forth between abovementioned driver versions, regardless of if the Monitor is attached to the ARC 750 or the integrated UHD770 of the Core i9-12900. The UHD770 is my primary graphics card, since I use the ARC 750 mainly for SYCL programming with OneAPI.

Using DDU does not help. I have tried all three Methods of Installation: Express Install, Clean Install and DDU.

best regards

Ernst-Georg

0 Kudos
ergo70
Beginner

Hello Hugo,

I have replied, but it's not showing up here. Is it in moderation? But the information you have requested is already in the attached Graphics bug report document.

Anyway, I see in the ARC Gaming Forums that many people have problems with DP and various Monitors since 31.0.101.4644 and that this has been acknowledged by Intel.

Maybe there is a broader issue here.

best regards

Ernst-Georg

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ergo70,

Thank you for the information provided. With all the details you have shared, we want to look into this matter internally and check all the information you have shared. We will post back as soon as we have further details.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello ergo70

We are at the moment investigating this problem since we have received reports of similar issues through DisplayPort.

We wanted to recommend updating to the latest driver 31.0.101.4824, if the issue persists we would like to re-evaluate the EDID information coming up from the monitor with the new driver installed, so please share another log file from the Intel Graphics Command Center (Intel GCC) and a Dxdiag report from Windows.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
ergo70
Beginner

Hello,

the problem persists with 31.0.101.4824. So I have attached the requested logfiles.

best regards

Ernst-Georg

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello ergo70

Thank you for sharing the log files with us. We will take a look and will analyze them. We will get back to you once we have more information.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello ergo70

We apologize that this issue has taken time to be resolved since we know it is important to have your monitor recognized and work as expected.

We have been actively investigating this issue and implemented a fix in our latest driver version 31.0.101.4885. Please update to the latest version and share your feedback with us, if the issue still happens after a regular update we recommend using Display Driver Uninstaller. You can also test the latest 31.0.101.4887 that was recently released.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
ergo70
Beginner
Hello and thank you. 4887 just works fine!

best regards

Ernst-Georg
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello ergo70

Thank you for your confirmation. It is great to know your monitor is now recognized and that you are able to use it as usual. Since this issue is now resolved we will be closing this thread, we appreciate your patience, and feel free to open a new topic in case you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos