Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Monitor turns off with "no signal" after normal boot and before entering desktop

SGiau
Beginner

Hello, I've updated the graphic driver of my i5 8600 with the latest HD intel Graphics 630 version, but as title says the monitor turns off after boot, gives a "no signal detected" warning and I have to turn the monitor off and on again to make it work properly.

The issue is absent in safe mdoe, but even uninstalling the driver and installing it again at the normal windows startup, the issue persists.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Messaggio modificato da Stefano Da Giau

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello StefanoDG

Thank you for posting in the Intel® community.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
SGiau
Beginner
Hello, thanks for the answer, by answering in order:

1. Yes, the system completes the update every time with no apparent error, also I've downloaded the file more than once from the official Intel page to be sure to avoid having a corrupted version;

2. The driver version is the "win64_25.20.100.6323";

3. The motherboard is a MSI B360 Pro Carbon;

Please find attached the scan as requested, not sure if I've done it right, I left unchecked the scan option "Third-party Logs" as it wasn't checked by default.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello StefanoDG

Thank you for the information.

During the process of installing the display would go black for some seconds; I would verify the system BIOS is up to date (in case it is not, contact the OEM for bios update process).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
LAskø
Beginner

It is common known, that there is a "No Signal" problem with Intels graphics adapters. We are hundreds of people having these issues, as you can see if you search the internet about the problem.

I think it's about time, that Intel would take these issues seriously and find a solution.

Me for my self, I have installed an app on my phone, called VNC Viewer which can connect to my pc. Whenever the "no Signal" issue appears I connect to the pc with VNC. I then get a picture of my desktop on my phone. I can then use my mouse and my keyboard to proberly put my pc to sleep. After a few seconds I hit the keyboard to wake it, and the monitor turns on. Most of the times it goes well if not I start all over again and put my pc to sleep.

This is how I do it, but this is not very satisfying in the long run.

SO INTEL WAKE UP AND TAKE THIS ISSUE SERIOUS, PLEASE.

0 Kudos