Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Multiple Monitors with Intel HD 4600

RStei3
Beginner

Dear all

My Office Computer has an Intel HD Graphics 4600 in it.

As I see, there should be two DisplayPort 1.2.

1. Are there really two Display Port 1.2? And if yes does it support Multi Stream Transport?

2. Would it be possible to connect 3 monitors through each of the ports via this adapter? http://www.club-3d.com/de/detail/2409/multi_stream_transport_(mst)_hub_displayportt_1.2_triple_monitor/ Club 3D | Multi Stream Transport (MST) Hub DisplayPort™ 1.2 auf Triple Monitor

This should enable me to run 6 Monitors at the same time, right?

Thank you very much for your support.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Hammy27,

Thank you for joining the Graphics Community. I can sure help with you.

Before clarifying your questions I would like to like to know the full model of your Office Computer including the processor model, this will help us to answer your questions accurately.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
RStei3
Beginner

Hi Amy

I got this one: https://support.hp.com/ch-de/document/c03887264 HP EliteDesk 800 G1-Small-Form-Factor-PC (SFF) - Übersicht | HP® Kundensupport

Processor: Intel Core i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz

Memory: 16GB

System Type: 64-bit

Windows 7 Enterprise, SP 1

Does that help?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information.

Regarding your first question you need to double check with Dell support it this model comes with two Display Port 1.2 and Multi Stream Transport support, according to the specs it does but double check with them first. For your second question, remember that Intel® HD Graphics 4600 included in this processor support a maximum of 3 displays, that would be max you can achieve with the Hub too.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
RStei3
Beginner

Thank you very much Amy.

Just to clarify, even when there are 2 display ports I will only be able to run 3 Monitors in Total?

Or is it 3 Monitors per port and therefore 6 in total?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure, you will be able to run 3 monitor in total even if you use the 2 DisplayPorts.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos