Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20739 Discussions

My +8bit Color depth laptop display show 6bit instead of 8

Blumoop
Beginner

Since I reinstalled windows because of a problem, my display color is worse than before, an i seen that the color depth is 6 bits, and when i uninstall the intel iris xe integrated graphics, is uses the default microsoft driver and shows a 8bit colour, but at low quality, and i searched everywhere but i don't know how to fix it, i would appreciate a solution

Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Blumoop, 

Thank you for replying back to us. As much as we want to identify this for you, since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support is limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system. To identify the built-in display capabilities of your laptop , it is best to contact your OEM which is HP. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What windows?

What laptop?

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[If you find any Intel driver you might need, download and save it now.]

0 Kudos
Blumoop
Beginner

Windows 11 23H2 and the laptop it's a HP laptop 14s-dq2013ns

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Blumoop, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. Since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system, nevertheless, I will do my best to assist you with your concern.

I understand that you've had to reinstall Windows due to an issue. Could you please provide more details about the problem you encountered as this information will help us in identifying the best solution for you. Additionally is the display problem happening on your laptop screen or of an external monitor? If the issue happens on an external monitor, please let us know of your display configuration. ( port you are using, cable used). I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Blumoop
Beginner

Well, when i needed to reinstall the SO, it was because i had two SO (linux and windows) and i wanted to remove the GRUB and idk why, windows started to analyze the hard disk (ssd), so i let it until next day (24h) and still was at the same percentage, so i decided to reinstall windows but maintaining my files, and since then i seen a worse laptop screen colour.

I tried with an external monitor (tv) and the colour was in 8 bits, so since i don't have warranty in my laptop, i will manually check the screen buses

I hope this can help and sorry for not answering before

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Blumoop, 

Thank you for responding back to us. I just want to confirm, when you tried an external monitor, the color issue disappeared is that correct? By the way, what display port configuration do you use in your system? You also mention about using Linux. When using Linux, is the same display appearing on your laptop as well? I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Blumoop, 

How is your display so far? I hope you are able to see my previous post. Feel free to respond back to us so we can continue on finding a solution for you. Thank you!

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Blumoop
Beginner

Well, thanks for asking, the external monitor was an hdmi tv, and the linux screen mode i don't remember because i uninstalled linux after some days of reinstalling, but i think that worked good with no problem

About my internal display its an full hd monitor lcd with led backlight.

I think that this problem it's a driver thing, also thanks for worrying about my problem

And sorry again for not answering

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Blumoop, 

Thank you for responding back to us. I have here some troubleshooting steps that you can take. First, I did noticed you are using a different driver version of your graphics. I did some research for you and found out that the latest driver available for your laptop is 31.0.101.4502 Rev.B. Kindly please install this in your system and check if the same issue still occur. 

Kindly please make sure as well that there are no pending updates on your Windows Operating system. Finally, please update your BIOS to the latest F.32 Rev.A version 

Let us know if this works. I will be waiting for your reply. 

You may also reference this article: Color Depth Shows 6-Bit Instead of 8-Bit or Higher

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Blumoop
Beginner

Thanks for the software, now i have new bios, but the display driver seems that i already downloaded but anyways i installed it but it's the same, so in the link you send me, it's says that i must check what's my screen type (pure 8bit or 6bit+2) but idk how can i see it, bcz that would be useful for know if is there any way to solve or not

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Blumoop, 

Thank you for replying back to us. As much as we want to identify this for you, since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support is limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system. To identify the built-in display capabilities of your laptop , it is best to contact your OEM which is HP. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Blumoop
Beginner

Thank you very much for this support, now at least i know that is more a hardware problem that software

Again thank you very much for your help.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Blumoop, 

Thank you for your appreciation. For now I will be closing your case, should you need assistance in the future, do not hesitate to create a new post as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos