Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21286 Discussions

My display freezes after updating to the latest arc a750 driver (driver version - 31.0.101.4314).How

Dibbo
Novice
pls help me
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Pointerflow
Beginner

Same issue with the driver version 4314 on my pc. After installing the new driver and rebooting system after logging in to windows the system freezes. When reverting to the old driver 4255 everything works as expected. Please help

0 Kudos
tawrus80
Novice

Many others are experiencing the same issue here;

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/arc-a750-display-freeze-after-updating-to-latest-driver/td-p/1481188/jump-to/first-unread-message

So far it seems to be related to older hardware and possibly not having Resizable BAR enabled.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello all,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. I am sorry to hear that you are having freezing issues with your Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics, I will be happy to help you.  

To have a better understanding of the situation, please answer the following questions: 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Dibbo
Novice

No, resizable bar was not enabled.
Tried different ram brand, windows 11, tried safe mode driver installation, tried on fresh windows 10, nothing worked. But after enabling resizable bar the freezing issue got fixed. I think intel should fix this problem for old hardware compatibility and also enable fan curve because this gpu runs extremely hot under load.

0 Kudos
Pointerflow
Beginner

Hey,

my PC uses a A380 graphic card.

Shall I open a new issue or shall we collect the information here too, because it seems like a general issue of freezing systems on older hardware. In my case there is no option for resizeable bar in bios. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Dibbo,

Happy to hear that the issue is fixed, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

If you need help with the temperature, please post a new question.

@Pointerflow please post a new question related to your issue, for better assistance.

Best regards, 

Andres P.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos