Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20809 Discussions

My intel HD Graphics 530 Losing Audio

DNewm2
Beginner

After getting the onboard intel Graphics 530 to work with my Denon Amp in order to pass through DTS-HD-MA, I have noticed that when I get on Youtube and play some videos, it tends to lose the audio when an Advertisement Plays. I have to Pause, then Unpause to get it back. I have had the same thing happen during Movie playback as well. Albeit only once or twice, and the Screen will Go Blank, then come back. It does that every so often, and then stops doing it. Its all very Intermittent, and really just seems like the Graphic Driver is incredibly unstable.

Its been about a month, but I deleted the Driver from the Device Manager and rebooted the computer in order to get the updated drivers. This is how I got everything to work in the first place. Well this and selecting the right Refresh Rate fixed previous flickering and audio issues.

The Drivers I am currently using are:

Intel 530 - 20.19.15.4424

Intel Display Audio - 8.20.0.865

Any suggestions on why I tend to lose Audio during Youtube Playback?

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Oside-Dave,

In regards to your Audio issue, it is necessary to narrow down it. If you are streaming a video, the network connection might delay the Audio.

As a work around, make sure you are using the latest chipset driver of the board. Then, there is available a newer graphics driver version 4463. Try to install it manually.

Intel® Graphics Driver version: 4463

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26078/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88345 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26078/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88345

Steps:

1-Download the zip file of the driver from downloadcenter, unzip and keep file in the desktop.

2-Turn Internet connection off

3-Go to device manager>Display Adapter, right click Intel HD graphics and select uninstall driver (check delete box)

4-Restart the computer

5-Go to device manager>Display Adapter, right click over Microsoft generic driver select Update driver, browse search for graphics folder at desktop (step 1)

6-Restart system and review graphics driver version installed from device manager or Graphics control Panel.

Let me know how it works.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Oside-Dave,

I am following up your case. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Mike C
0 Kudos