Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

My low end netbook is only 2012 with Intel Atom 2800, now I find there is no chance of an Intel graphics driver for Windows 10. Can this really be so?

GKnig1
Beginner

It seems Intel is really not interested in past customers, luckily the Microsoft basic driver works (with wrong aspect ratio). If MS can do it please Intel do a simple one.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

The graphics controller on your Intel® Atom(TM) Processor 2800 is called GMA 3600, this graphics controller does not provide support for Windows 10.

See the list of supported operating systems:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm Graphics Drivers — Supported Operating Systems

Allan.

GKnig1
Beginner

Thanks but I knew all that. I think it's disgraceful, if it was a car Intel would be taken to court. As I said Intel are not bothered about past customers, but I hope It'll be a wake up all to buyers. Don't buy Intel if you are thinking of keeping your computer more than a couple of years because they won't support it. Bet they didn't tell the computer manufacturers who were supplying a few years ago.

I've been in computing since the 70s and have never heard of such disregard of consumer care.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I appreciate your feedback on this matter. Thank you for taking the time to communicate this issue to us.

Allan.

0 Kudos