Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21079 Discussions

My pc crash by enabling render mode (cycles) in Blender - Intel Arc A750

Ayonbiswas
Novice

Hi everyone,

I love your every product. I am using Intel Arc A750.

In Blender 3.6 and 4.0 i am facing a big problem.  When I try to render or enable the render mode, pc freezes and after sometime it crashes. I also selected oneAPI in preferences. I can't render in Blender when I Select  GPU Compute. But I can render by selecting CPU.

Everything is updated. Latest driver is installed, but have a problem. Software is showing this notification as you see it in the screenshot... I have already removed driver by DDU. After installing the clean driver. It says that newer version is available. And after installing the newer version, same notification pops up (We are Timed out looking for updates...). Please, kindly help me.

My CPU: Intel core i5-13400

GPU: Intel ARC A750 Founder Edition(TIGER)

Motherboard: Gigabyte B760M DS3H DDR4

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ayonbiswas,

Thank you for posting in the Intel communities to report the crashing problem when using Blender 3.6 and 4.0 enabling render mode (cycles). We would be more than happy to assist you.

To better assist you, we would like to ask for the following information:

• When did the issue start? Was it present since day one?
  • You mentioned that the system crashed, but we would like to have more details about this. Is the system or application that crashes? If the system crashes, is it unresponsive until you manually turn it off?
  • We see in the screenshot you shared that the graphics driver is 31.0.101.4577. Have you tried the new version 31.0.101.4972? If not, we recommend you run the DDU tool and then install the new driver
  • Provide us with more system details by attaching the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU) report to your next response.
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."

We also understand that there is an error message that the application timed out when checking for new driver updates. We will be more than happy to assist you with this problem, but we invite you to submit a new question regarding this problem. We recommend users report on issues per thread to keep our thread organized and avoid confusion among users.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Ayonbiswas
Novice

Hi Jean O, a lot thanks for your help and response... I am answering your your question.

• When did the issue start? Was it present since day one?

I am not sure when the problem started. But I can remember, after updating to 31.0.101.4952 or 53. 

• You mentioned that the system crashed, but we would like to have more details about this. Is the system or application that crashes? If the system crashes, is it unresponsive until you manually turn it off?

Yes. When it freeze while playing games, it remains unresponsive until I manually turn pc off. And when system crashes I have to restart. you can see it in the image below. But, after the latest driver update, the problem of pc crashes during gaming is gone.

• We see in the screenshot you shared that the graphics driver is 31.0.101.4577. Have you tried the new version 31.0.101.4972 ? If not, we recommend you run the DDU tool and then install the new driver

So, right I am using the latest update 31.0.101.4972 (Released:17-11-2023). After your recommendation, I have installed that latest version. Now that updating issue is gone also. Everything is ok, accept of Blender crashing. It still crashes by rendering. I have enough ram to handle Blender. Cause, when I use CPU to render, It works. But in same scene GPU can't render. But in light/not so heavy project, GPU can render without crashing. As you can see in the image(screenshot 2023-12-03 023804.png)...

and there is the txt file for my pc details...

Thanks for your hard effort. But need more solution, please...

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ayonbiswas,

We are following up on your thread to let you know if you have been able to test the new driver 31.0.101.4972 and gather the information provided. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ayonbiswas,

After checking your system report, we noticed that your Operating System build version is 22621, while the latest version is 22631. We recommend you update your Operating system to have the latest patches and fixes included with the latest Build.

We also would like to confirm if you have run the DDU tool before installing the new 4972 driver.

Finally, we would like to ask for a video showing the step-by-step to reproduce your issue. This would help us to have a better understanding of the problem in case we need to reproduce your problem internally.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ayonbiswas

We are jumping into your thread to check if you have been able to update the OS and test installing the latest driver after running the DDU. Let us know if the issue remains after trying this recommendation.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Ayonbiswas
Novice

Hi,

Jean O

Thanks for you hard work. Today the problem of updating (We are Timed out looking for updates...) started again. After updating to 31.0.101.5074 in application that problem of updating started again... What should I do? I just want to get rid of all problems. Please help. And huge thanks for all the hard efforts. I always love Intel... Should I install a new windows or format my C/ drive??? I mean clean installation of all???

Please help...

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ayonbiswas,

We see that the time-out issue in the Arc Control Software remains after updating to version 31.0.101.5074. As mentioned, we would be more than glad to help you with this problem; however, we recommend reporting one issue per thread to keep each thread organized. We want to stick with the original issue, as we are currently assisting you with the crashing issue with Blender, so we would like it if you could stick with this issue. 

About the new Windows update, you can update the Operating System without the need to format the driver or perform a clean installation. You can perform a clean OS installation, but there are other steps that we can try before this.

Finally, we would like to ask if the Blender issue remains after testing the new driver. Also, let us know if you have run the DDU tool to eliminate all the previous drivers and leftovers before updating the driver.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Ayonbiswas
Novice

Hi,

Jean O

I am totally mad now. Finally I rendered a image from Blender. Oh, god. Big thanks to you. Your restless effort is the responsible for my happiness. Thanks a lot to Jean O and Intel... After updating the driver of GPU, the solution came out. I have used the DDU for clean installation of GPU driver. So, my rendering problem is gone... You done it sir. I am so glad today. Thanks to intel again, for that amazing employee...

Thanks a lot.

Ayon

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ayonbiswas,

We are pleased to hear that the rendering problem has been resolved after performing a clean installation of the GPU driver with the DDU software. As the issue is now fixed, we will proceed to close this thread. If you require any further information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos