Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

My screen won't stop flashing

JasperRC
Beginner

I have a MSI G75 Stealth computer and my screen won't stop flashing. Everytime I open a new window the screen changes color. I tried uninstalling the driver and restarting the computer but that didn't fix it. Can someone please help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

First thing to look at is whether your monitor cable has gone bad (an intermittent signal or seeing strange color changes are typical symptoms). Second thing to look at is the quality of your monitor cable (you want HDMI 2.0a or DisplayPort 1.4 cables for best results).

If these don't seem to alleviate the issue, we'll need to collect some more information for the analysis. Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

First thing to look at is whether your monitor cable has gone bad (an intermittent signal or seeing strange color changes are typical symptoms). Second thing to look at is the quality of your monitor cable (you want HDMI 2.0a or DisplayPort 1.4 cables for best results).

If these don't seem to alleviate the issue, we'll need to collect some more information for the analysis. Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos