Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

NEED HELP CUSTOM RESOLUTION

CStaa1
Beginner

Hello everyone, I always plug my laptop into my tv via hdmi and I happen to plug my laptop into another tv then plug it back into my original one and the resolution is messed up. Before I had to create a custom resolution but now since updating the settings and ways to do that have drastically changed and at this point I have tried everything to get it to fit my screen. None of the display options work in intel or windows, I have tried extending screens, I have updated my driver, and nothing is working. There is not an option on my tv and before I was able to make it fit my tv through my laptop. So if anyone knows something I can download or how to manipulate screens well please help thank you.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello marla2319,

Thank you for joining the Graphics Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the resolution.

Could you please helps to gather more information regarding this behavior in order to have a better look? Please see below.

• Provide your computer model.
  • Are you using straight HDMI connections?
  • Provide your TV models.

Thank you.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
CStaa1
Beginner

I have a Emerson brand tv the model number is lc320em2

I have the Lenovo ideapad 300-17Isk

Intel core i5 processor and 64 but operating system. With windows 10. The sn is pf0Ln6jn

And it is straight hdmi.

I hope that is enough information

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you /thread/120401 marla2319.

Please access your TV menu, select the "Features" and look for the "PC Settings" option and try making the screen fit. You may also look in the TV menu an option that can let you fit the screen. If that does not work, please let us know your Intel® HD Graphics driver version and please attach a picture of the issue.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/120401 marla2319,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
CStaa1
Beginner

Sorry for such the late reply but in pc settings my computer does not let me change anything and I have never changed it from there previously

0 Kudos
CStaa1
Beginner

Intel hd graphics 520.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the pictures.

Please try the following:

1. Open the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel.
  2. On General Settings look for Scaling.
  3. Select Customize Aspect Ratio.
  4. Move the slider on the right to make the screen fit.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
CStaa1
Beginner

I can't find these options you are talking about at all. There is no customize aspect ratio.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/120401 marla2319,

Please check you inbox, I have sent you a private message.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos