Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

-NEW- Intel® Iris™, Iris™ Pro, and HD Graphics Production Driver for Windows* 10 64-bit 15.40.4.64.4256

Bryce__Intel
Employee

The Windows 10* production driver 15.40.4.64.4256 has been posted to Intel Download Center at the following direct link to the driver:

64bit - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloads/eula/25150/Intel-Iris-Iris-Pro-and-HD-Graphics-Production-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-bit?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/25150/eng/win64_154004.2.exe win64_154004.2.exe - This driver is in self installing format intended for end users.

64bit - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloads/eula/25150/Intel-Iris-Iris-Pro-and-HD-Graphics-Production-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-bit?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/25150/eng/win64_154004.2.zip win64_154004.2.zip - This driver is in zip format intended for developers and IT professionals.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25150 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25150

IMPORTANT:

These software drivers are generic versions and can be used for general purposes. However, computer original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide which contain fixes specific to the OEM hardware the driver is intended for. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided by your system manufacturer. Intel and the computer original equipment manufacturer (OEM) may not provide technical support for some or all issues that could arise from the usage of this generic version of software drivers.

Please review the https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25150/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_15%2040%204%2064%204256_8_5_15_Win10.pdf Release Notes for more information regarding this release.

Reporting Issues/feedback:

We continuously strive to improve the quality of our products to better serve our users and appreciate feedback on any issues you discover and http://communities.intel.com/community/tech/graphics/ suggestions for future driver releases. If you have an issue to submit, please follow the guidance/process in this sticky .

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

Other Windows 10 Resources:

http://www.intel.com/support/win10.htm Support information about Intel products and Windows® 10

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/Windows-10-faq# ui-id-23 Windows 10 FAQ & Tips - Microsoft

206 Replies
ZTrze
Beginner

I'm using these drivers on my NUC D54250WYK running Windows 10 Pro which serves me as an HTPC with audio being sent to my AV Receiver via HDMI. I use Plex Home Theater software. The problem is, the AC3/DTS HDMI passthrough functionality works only as long as I don't do any of the following:

• then it won't work anymore, even if I re-login as the original user

In other words, any of these actions breaks the HDMI passthrough functionality: initiating RDP session, logging in as another user. After that, I have to reboot in order to get the HDMI passthrough to work again. When it breaks, not only doesn't it play audio, it also causes the video playback to stutter or fail completely. I have Hyper-V active on that machine and it's there to stay as it's essential to my setup.

Regards,

Zbig

0 Kudos
RJOCH
Beginner

Still no joy - Scaling option still missing from Intel Video Control Panel

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue AND 'does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?' If you can offer a % rate please do.

Unable to scale full-screen in Windows 10 as was previously able to do within Windows 8.1. Scaling option also doesn't appear when in display's native resolution of 1920 x 1080 (60p Hz). This happens 100% of the time when trying to scale (stretch) MapleStory and The Sims 3 to the full width of screen.

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

MSI GE70-2OE

Hybrid or switchable graphics system? ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Hybrid Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

& NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in) 

LFP:

Monitor Id: CMO1720

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.020Hz)

<td style="padding: 0 5.4pt; border-width: 0px 1pt 1pt 0px; border-style: none solid solid none; border-right-color: w...
0 Kudos
SStei10
Novice

@Kacela: I seem to recall reading something about scaling still being an open issue. In the list of known issues it lists:

- Forced Application Scaling feature is not enabled in Windows 10

0 Kudos
egher
Novice

Guys these issues, expecially the flickering, still happen with the newest driver released v10.18.15.4279:(

0 Kudos
EMosh
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue AND 'does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?' If you can offer a % rate please do.

Issue 1:

While using a marine aquarium which uses DirectX the computer crashes every single time.

Issue 2:

problem are the DisplayPort which there are 2 of have issue detecting my screen resolution and changing the port (there two of them) the resolution reset

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Zotac EI750

Hybrid or switchable graphics system? ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

No

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in) 

Dell U2412

<p style="font-weight: inherit; ...
0 Kudos
EMosh
Beginner

May i please ask whe intel is going to get this matter fixed. I still have loads of issues with driver for Windows 10. I am on fast ring but did not expected that much of crash. Is anyone looking at this issue raised at all?

0 Kudos
FZolt
Beginner

This issue is still not fixed. I have an ASUS ROG G551JW laptop with Intel HD 4600 and NVIDIA GTX960m, and Windows 10 PRO 10.0.10586. I am getting these issues since there was a major update to windows 10:

I get the Intel HD Graphics stopped working, occasionally bsod with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, or loop freeze where I have to force shutdown. The windows startup screen also gets blurry, pixelated and the animation is low-fps at the end of the startup.

All this is getting really annoying !

0 Kudos
OM
Beginner

same here. ROG user as well and getting BSODs.. never had these problems in windows 7..

I got three variations of BSOD already. All have VIDEO in the error. The other one specifically mentioned a igdkmd64 file.

HD 4600

Driver Date: 17/07/2015

Driver Version: 10.18.15.4256

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This is eff'n ridiculous.

Intel, What exactly is the problem with releasing a decent driver for Intel graphics for Windows 10?!?!

The last driver update was in August 2015 with a known issues list as long as my arm.

-Who exactly is working to resolve the issues?

-Why has there not been a driver release in over 6 months?

-What is the ETA on a actual working driver release for Microsoft's flagship OS?

This is unacceptable.

0 Kudos
ASoly
Beginner

*Sorry for my English

After a long time waiting for a good driver for Windows 10, I gave up and bought an external video card. It was expensive, because I am from Russia and thanks to sanctions the price on video cards raised twice. But now I can watch videos without any bugs or glitches. With latest drivers from Intel on Intel HD 4600 I did not have any BSODs, crashes or something like this. But it was still buggy. I could not watch any videos without glitches. That is the only reason why I bought external video card. Nice bonus that now I have a better picture quality and fps in games (that is not important to me). What I do not understand is why it works perfectly on Windows 8 and 8.1 but it works awful on Windows 10? DirectX 12? If so than why just do not say "It is not compatible with Windows 10"?

0 Kudos
EMosh
Beginner

Hi

I am still getting the same issue and nothing has been resolved. The Driver which i got is 10. Also during the reboot most of the time my monitor is not recongnized. After changing the Displayport (i got 2 of them) i get the monitor to be recongnized however most of the times I have to shutdown for some time or just reboot enough time until my monitor does get recongnized. I have raised this with Microsoft yet no response but i thing the issue is the driver which is faulty. Can you please put some effort and update your drivers!!!

0 Kudos
EMosh
Beginner

Just saw a newer version is out. I will try that. Keep you all posted.

0 Kudos
FZolt
Beginner

We have the same windows version, only that I have PRO. There were no updates for my intel hd graphics, so I had the same version before upgrading windows. I am guessing the issue has arouse because of this windows update, so the problem is not coming only from intel.

0 Kudos
FZolt
Beginner

I have a ram and cpu counter from advanced system care, and it's on top. I've noticed that when the Intel HD Graphics driver crashes durning a youtube video fullscreen (firefox), the memory goes up to 90%. (I have 8 gb of RAM, of which 40% is usually used). I suppose it's some kind of memory leak in the driver or windows.

0 Kudos
BBerl1
Beginner

I am having issues too since I updated to windows 10. Often the driver stops responding and is recovered.

I also did a clean setup hoping to solve the problem.

WIndows update reports 10.18.15.4256 as last version. Unfortunately, I cannot update to latest versions of the driver since it requires drivers from the manifacturer (I am on an Asus Zenbook ux303ln). How can I fix that?

Thanks
0 Kudos
MHasa5
New Contributor I

This sucks happened to me in Windows 10 but managed to fix it a month or 2 ago but I am on windows 8.1 because I did factory reset (Windows 10 sucks too many problems)

Here is how I fixed it.

Make restore point

Download Display Driver Uninstaller

Open it and it will say open in safe mode, do as said

Once in safe mode delete everything of INTEL or whatever driver causing it

Restart and download then download the LATEST FROM MANUFACTURER

0 Kudos
JStee10
Beginner

Hi, just adding my voice to the hundreds of others who are having problems with these drivers:

I have a NUC D34010WYKH Core i3 4010U 1..7GHz with HD Graphics 4400.

It was working fine, but I wonder if Windows 10 Pro 64bit got updated with the November update as it is now doing the following:

No HDMI Sound and extremely low frame rates (8/9 fps) which show everything in slow motion.

This happens when playing back from KODI or Edge viewing YouTube.

I have installed 15.40.10.64.4300.

UPDATE

I followed the advice elsewhere in this thread and uninstalled Hyper-V. Miraculously the sound has come back and the frame rate is restored!

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Butters

I see you posted your previous msg on 2/14 in this 4256 thread, though 4300 was released on 10/26/15, a Beta 4380 was posted 2/5 and the full release of that same driver was released a month later. Hopefully you were able to install the 4380 and it improved things for you. I'm preparing a new driver to release within the next couple weeks so keep an eye out for that.

AlekseyS

4256 is an old driver, there's been a couple iterations since that have many improvements for Win10. I feel our quality is improving and we strive to provide the best experience possible with Intel Gfx. Yours and other users support in calling issues to our attention helps us further improve the products for all, so thank you for your feedback and I hope we can win back your support through future products as we work to close the gap in Gfx. Thanks again.

All,

I'm locking this thread since it's very dated. Please look for and retest any issues you may find with the latest drivers available. We recommend always keeping with the latest customized drivers from the OEM's of your product's support site as it may have fixes or customizations specific to your hardware to ensure peak performance and enable all features. Generic drivers found on Intel.com are made available to test current issues then be rolled back to the latest OEM driver.

Reporting Issues/feedback:

We continuously strive to improve the quality of our products to better serve our users and appreciate feedback on any issues you discover and http://communities.intel.com/community/tech/graphics/ suggestions for future driver releases. If you have an issue to submit, please follow the guidance/process in this sticky /thread/77761 Default level information for reporting Graphics issues.

0 Kudos