Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

NUC D54250WYKH low refresh rate

yshen9
Beginner

Hi,

We've been installing the nucs lately at our office. we installed all the newest drivers, updated windows (7 pro) and so on.

We have a low fps on all resolutions except for the lowest one: 30-40 fps on google maps (measured with chrome developer tools).

With 800x600, and it alone, we have 60 fps.

This problem exists also in

internet explorer and firefox,

bing maps, hd+60fps youtube videos, and

other nucs, but not in other PCs.

Ideas, anyone?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Can you please post here the dxdiag report, graphics report and system information report?

How to get it?

Dxdiag Report: Type dxdiag in Start Menu> open> Save> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

System Information: Click Start> Type System Information> Click File> Export> Save File> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

Graphics Report: Right click on desktop> Graphics Properties> Options> Drop Down Menu> Information Center> Save> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

Please attach all files.

0 Kudos
yshen9
Beginner
0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello poochon,

Thank you for sharing all this information.

I know this may sound very basic but can try different browser? Please try with internet Explorer and make sure Java is installed and the Operating System up to date.

I have not seen this issue from other customers so It is very strange. May I know how many units are affected with this issue?

Kevin M

0 Kudos
yshen9
Beginner

Of course we have tried several browsers... internet explorer gives the best results. Everything is updated.

Another good example of our problem is here: http://stars.chromeexperiments.com/ http://stars.chromeexperiments.com

when zoomed out all the way, we get a lousy 9.0 FPS on chrome. On an Ideapad y480 we get 48.0 FPS. I know it's a laptop but we don't have another mini PC to compare to.

All 4 NUCs have this problem.

0 Kudos
AApac
New Contributor III

Visiting that site and enabling developer tools in Google Chrome to get a FPS meter the FPS shows 59.9 when fully zoomed out and I cant notice any lag when rotating the galaxy. When zooming in a bit I get 45-55 FPS.

Currently using Google Chrome 40.0.2214.115 (64-bit) in Ubuntu 14.10 64-bit on a D54250WYKH.

So a hint for you would be to try booting on Ubuntu 14.10 64-bit image, install google chrome there and revisit that site. If you get the same result as me then there is something flawed with your windows installation or the windows driver(s) being used (or windows/graphics settings).

yshen9
Beginner

Hi,

thanks for checking on your NUC.

I booted Ubuntu 14.04.1, installed chrome and revisited the site - and got 17FPS.

I believe there is a problem with the NUC... kevin, apachez, what do you suggest?

thanks...

0 Kudos
yshen9
Beginner

the stars experiment uses webgl so it forces gpu acceleration, but on other websites, when hardware acceleration is disabled, we get much better performance.

again, any suggestions? who's fault is this?

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ poochon, What I'm seeing is a performance hit when running Win 7. On win 8.1 there are no issues. I am investigating further and will post updates to this thread.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
yshen9
Beginner

You see no problem in windows 8.1 even with chrome and hardware acceleration?

I wrote the simplest of "animations" in js fiddle, you can see it https://jsfiddle.net/ytgLo0tx/3/embedded/result/ here (with the code http://jsfiddle.net/ytgLo0tx/3/ here). With hardware acceleration I get 18fps, without - flatline 60fps.

thanks

0 Kudos
yshen9
Beginner

update:

with Process Explorer,

I get this high cpu with ntoskrnl.exe and dxgmms1.sys when I open the examples + hardware acceleration...

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ poochon

Thanks for the additional data. The NUC I am using is not the same model as yours. I will locate a D54250WYKH and run the tests again.

Also, with the system I am using, the Stars demo is showing ~ 47 FPS zoomed all the way out. Win 7 64, latest Chrome.

By any chance have you tried the Canary version of Chrome?

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
yshen9
Beginner

I tried it but it wasn't better.

0 Kudos
yshen9
Beginner

my bad - i updated to the latest canary (43.0.2333.3) and now i get 30 fps on my simple example. but still 17fps on the stars experiment.

0 Kudos