Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Need information about indexing experience for onboard GPU

ARehm2
Beginner

Hi,

I have Dell Inspiron 5520 with the following specifications:

• Core i7 3612qm (Intel HD 4000)
  • 8GB RAM
  • Radeon HD 7670M 1GB

The score for Intel HD 4000 in windows indexing experience used to be 6.5, now its 5.6 . Is it due to the newer version of processor graphics being released or due to some problem with my drivers? Another problem is that my Direct X version is 10 and can't seem to upgrade to 11. Any thoughts on this behaviour?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Intel HD 4000 is capable of supporting DirectX* 11 using the latest video driver under Microsoft* Windows* 7. In your case, the WEI is just a reference of some generic test done by the operating system itself, in which you should check with Microsoft* to know what could have been the reason why this has decreased.

One thing you may need to take under consideration is that the drivers in our web site are generic drivers that have not been developer or tested specifically to your system in contrast to the drivers that are provided directly by DELL for your computer; so in this case, the best driver that you can use, is the driver provided by DELL at:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/555/Product/inspiron-15r-5520 Drivers & Downloads | Dell US

ARehm2
Beginner

Thanks for your reply Diego. I knew most of the information you stated. However I will check with Microsoft for the indexing experience. Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Kudos