Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20684 Discussions

New A750 stops pc from booting

IgnasiSundavr
Beginner

No matter which slot it's installed in, the gpu prevents a startup of any sort, the only thing that happens is the ram rgb turning on, not even the fans start up.

I have installed the latest bios version, made sure all the correct bios settings are enabled/ disabled and attempted wiping the drivers. 

It does not matter if my old gpu is in the primary pcie slot, it still will not boot as long as it is installed and has the power pcie cables installed. I have attempted to switch pcie slots, use it with and without my other gpu in differing configurations, and all fails to change the result.

System details:

cpu: Ryzen 5 5600x, motherboard: aorus b550 elite ax v2, 16 gb ram, other gpu gt 1030(nvidia). Windows 11 home (recently updated).

I am aware that my cpu does not have integrated graphics, but this is not an issue as I have another gpu to get the initial boot going.

I am thinking there might be an inherent problem with the gpu hardware, as no other possibility presents itself, please advise me as to whatis best to test/ try out.

Regards, Arami

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IgnasiSundavr
Beginner

Solved!

There was an issue with my 8-pin power cable, as it did not fit properly due to it being a CPU power cable.

0 Kudos