Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20776 Discussions

Problem in Elex 2

marek13
Beginner

Game crashes on launch in DX12. In DX11 it works normally. Ryzen 5800X processor, Intel Arc A770 graphics, 16GB GSkill memory, MSI MAG B550M motherboard. All drivers up to date. Other games run normally in DX12 only Elex 2 won't start. Intel graphics drivers problem for Elex 2 in DX12 mode??? GOG support for the game did not help. The problem still exists. Sorry for english, i'm using a translator.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello marek13,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand that you are experiencing issues when playing Elex 2 on your Intel Arc A770.

To better assist you regarding your issues, please provide us with the following:

• Is Resizable BAR enabled?
  • Do you receive any error messages when the game crashes? If so, provide us a screenshot of the error message you receive.
  • Is this a new system?
  • What is the game distribution service? ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect)?
  • Provide us with a video showing the issue behavior, as well as the game settings you use.
  • We would like to gather more information about your system that will help us troubleshoot your issue, so please, provide us with a report using the following programs:
    •  Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU):
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View." 
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View." 
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save." 

• Intel® Graphics Command Center:
    • Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
    • Navigate to the Support tab
    • Select System Diagnostic
    • Click Generate Report
    • Select Save and name the output file.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
marek13
Beginner

Thank you for your answer. Resizable BAR is enabled, the system has been installed a long time ago, all information as suggested is attached in the attachments. In addition, I'm sending a file from the self-diagnosis of the game itself on a crash. Kind regards.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello marek13,

We appreciate the information provided.

There is some information missing in your response, we would like to confirm what is your game distribution service, for example, Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, and Ubisoft connect.

Perform a clean installation of the latest production driver, 31.0.101.4146.  Sometimes corrupted files from previous installations of drivers can linger on a system which can cause driver updates to not work as expected.

Also, have you tried reinstalling the game?

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
marek13
Beginner

Hello
I am using the Origin client. I also have the latest graphics drivers 31.0.101.4146 installed. I did a clean driver install. I even used Display Driver Uninstaller. I also reinstalled the game. The problem is still there. The game works in DX11 mode, but in DX12 it does not work.
Best regards

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello marek13,

Thanks for the information provided.

We will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello marek13,

Thanks for the information provided.

After investigating this matter, we have concluded that this is an app issue. We recommend you reach out to the game developer for further support regarding this problem.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello marek13,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
DavidMelega
Beginner
0 Kudos