Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

New Computer build, No HD graphics- Drivers won't install-No Bios Option for Igpu

idata
Employee

I have been on another forum and saw someone with the identical issue. I ran cpu diagnostic, which said my cpu is fine. According to the bios and windows 7, HD 3000 doesn't exist. I am planning on reseting CMOS, unplugging the monitor from my graphics card & plugging it in to the Motherboard & hope that works. (Just plugging it into the mobo and restarting I get a black screen.)

The graphics drivers (from intel) won't install, says my computer doesn't have the enough resources!

I would appreciate some tech support from intel.

i7-2600k

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen #

8 gb ram

550w psu

radeon 6850 gpu

Windows 7 Pro 64bit

I bought this configuration because of the pitch about quicksync and Virtu, would like to run in dgpu mode (dual monitor) mostly CS5, Lightroom....from all I've seen online the HD graphics are not working the way they were advertised. There needs to be much better customer support. At this point I will be steering all who ask away from Intel.

Message was edited by: Bradbury

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

I suggest you to check directly with your motherboard manufacturer in order to see if the settings are the correct ones to allow Lucid Virtu to work properly.

Keep in mind that when using this feature, it is only supported to use the monitors connected into one of the video controllers, not with a mix of both. In addition, this kind of configuration is a technology validated by the motherboard manufacturer itself, it is not something that can be called a feature of the video controller itself. It support and configuration belongs to the motherboard manufacturer and Lucid virtu.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have done that, actually. Tech support has no answers.

Running the intel processor diagnostic tool also does'nt answer the question as to whether it is the motherboard or the CPU, as it skips the Graphics portion of the test, telling me that there is no IGPU detected, and i cannot run the test without my external video card attached (black screen).

So, I am stuck exchanging my motherboard, and if the same problem exists with the new one, I will have to exchange my CPU. Those are the only options that I can come up with. If Newegg had a refund policy on thier CPU's, I would probably go with AMD.

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

I do not believe that the issue would be related to a problem with the motherboard or the processor, however it seems to be a configuration issue.

I strongly suggest you to check on this with Asus* in order to check that everything is properly connected where is supposed to be and that all required settings are used.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am having the same problem

0 Kudos