Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

New Intel Graphics Command Center doesn't has Refresh Rate Switch Disable option

Mark22
Beginner

I saw this post, https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/New-Intel-Graphics-Command-Center-doesn-t-has-Refresh-Rate/m-p/1204210, but its closed and I have the same question. I have a lenovo legion 5 pro with 165hz refresh rate, set both on intel and rtx 3060, both set to 165hz. When I unplug the pc from AC, the screen goes black for a few seconds. I saw this there should be an option on Intel to cancel refresh rate switch, but I don't have it, I have attached a screenshot

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Mark22
Beginner

nobody?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Patience. It's Sunday. Intel Customer Support may take a while to respond

...S

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Mark22,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html  

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Was the option available in older Intel® Graphics Command Center versions?

3. Have you checked with Lenovo for an alternative way to cancel the refresh rate switch?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Mark22
Beginner

Hi,

1. Please see attached

2. Yes in my older laptop

3. They have no answer, here is my post on Lenovo

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Mark22, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Mark22, 

In order to proceed further, I would appreciate it if you help me with the following information:

1. What is the Intel® Graphics Command Center (Intel® GCC) version? If possible, update it to the latest version.

2. Can you provide the laptop model and CPU model of the older laptop that you mentioned?

3. Was the feature working on Windows 10?

4. Try a clean install of the 30.0.100.9864 driver:

- Steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

- Driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html                                 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Mark22
Beginner

hi,

1. I updated to the latest version, and installed the beta version of GCC on Microsoft store

2. I was an xps 15 from 9560, CPU i7-7700HQ

3. It was on win 10, and it wasn't GCC, it Intels own software, the one before gcc, don't remember the name. I sold my old laptop...

4. Installed it, still nothing changed

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Mark22, 

Thanks for the information provided so far, 

I will continue to further investigate this issue, and as soon as I have a response I will let you know.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Mark22, 

We have run a test using the Intel® Graphics Command Center (Intel® GCC) version 1.100.3370.0 and we confirmed that the options appear. This is because for the option to show in the tool, the laptop manufacturer must enable it on the built-in panel connected via eDP and the panel must support the "Connected standby Case" feature.

Since the option must be enabled by the laptop manufacturer, I recommend you to check with Lenovo for further information and instructions.

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
Mark22
Beginner
0 Kudos