Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20737 Discussions

New Iris driver cannot set resolution to 2560x1440 for external monitors

StephenZ
Beginner

Hi,

My laptop is Dell Inspiron 15 3511 with i7-1165G7 processor. This morning I updated the Iris driver to 31.0.101.4502 (which is also the latest driver on dell support website [1]) using Dell SupportAssitant, and then I couldn't set the resolution to 2560x1440 for my external monitor, and the highest available resolution is 1920x1080.

I also tried 31.0.101.3802, 31.0.101.4578 and 31.0.101.4577 from intel offcial website [2], and still couldn't resolve the issue.

Only when I downgraded the driver to a very old version (30.0.101.1338, which is already not available on intel's website) from [3], the external monitor can be set to 2560x1440.

I think there are some issues in your version 31 drivers.

[1] https://www.dell.com/support/home/zh-cn/product-support/servicetag/0-M0ZDZlFTYy8xRUpqMmZsazVvNzBZQT090/drivers

[2] https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/726609/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-whql-windows.html

[3] https://www.dell.com/support/home/zh-cn/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=vpxh6

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @StephenZ

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

Thank you for sharing the details of your concern and the steps you took to resolve it. We greatly appreciate this information, and if deemed necessary, we will incorporate the essential enhancements to our drivers. Rest assured; our commitment remains steadfast in delivering top-tier products to our valued customers.

Furthermore, considering that you have successfully addressed the matter concerning your resolution screen, we would like to ascertain whether you require any additional support. If not, we will compile this feedback and relay it to our developers' team before concluding this discussion thread. Your prompt response would be most helpful.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
StephenZ
Beginner

@IsaacQ_IntelThanks for the reply.

@IsaacQ_Intel wrote:

we would like to ascertain whether you require any additional support.

I don't require any further support as I'm not a driver fan, and it's okay for me to live with the old driver.

But some days ago, my friend also met the same issue on his machiche (same model as mine), so I believe I'm not the single case.

Since I'm an ex-Intel employee, I hope my infomation could help you improve the product. I also would like to provide any other information (e.g., log, os info, machine info, etc) to help diagnose the issue if you like.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @StephenZ

Thank you for your reply.

As your current requirements have been adequately addressed, we recommend advising your friend to initiate a new conversation thread. This approach will enhance both our efficiency and their ability to address the specific matter at hand.

Given that your support needs have been met, we will proceed to conclude this existing thread. Rest assured; this thread will no longer be under active observation. 

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
jucmkjs
Novice

Hey @StephenZ , just wanted to thank you for your post! I've been having this problema for weeks now, tried literally everything - except for that specific driver old version you mentioned. Now it's working, I almost can't believe it 😅

I had no support from Intel even though the problem is with their driver. Let's hope they'll fix it soon.

Thanks a lot!!!

0 Kudos
StephenZ
Beginner

@jucmkjs  Glad my post helps! 😊

But don't expect they'll fix the issue. The issue exists for ~1 year and I told them it's not a single case. But they don't even want to investigate it even if I provided many details and would like to help LOL.

0 Kudos