Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20834 Discussions

New PC and VGA doesn't work,

Tech1378
Beginner

Purchased a older new computer on amazon. everything working fine, but the VGA does not work,

but works fine from the HDMI, It has windows 11, and uses the intel iris plus graphics. Unit is a 12

volt small industrial use computer.  I would think both output would work, 

So is there anywhere or anything I can check before sending it back. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You have told us nothing about this PC.

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Tech1378
Beginner

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, have to say at the time I didn't know anything about the computer, until I down loaded the software you

linked to me, But now I have down loaded the driver for the intel chip twice first time it work for a while but with hundred's of horizonal

lines, the computer company suggested I wrap the VGA cable in tin foil, anyway I shut the computer off and restarted it and that was the 

last time the VGA worked, I keep chatting to the company thru Amazon but they never say send it back, I tried to find the mother board

model but all programs say default  It has the  Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics 555 chip, I took the bottom off to see if there was a bad solder

connection but pressing on the mother board didn't get any results or a flicker, One thing is the computer knows the vga is connected 

because it shows no desk top on the HMDI monitor until you unplug the vga than it will come back up, or reset itself as one monitor. 

I've already ordered another computer not this brand, as I can't keep my customer waiting any longer. I'll wait a little longer see if the 

computer company or amazon say send it back. Than I'll take the board out to see if I can change out the chip or something??

Thanks Joseph

0 Kudos