Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21015 Discussions

New graphic drivers kills Windows

Inventer89
Beginner

I tried to install new graphic drivers for my HP Ellitebook 840 G5. Now I have only cursor and black screen after loading Windows 10 (22H2). How to repeat? Why Intel doesn’t testing a drivers?  

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello Inventer89,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We would like to know more about your system details to fully understand where the issue truly lies. Please provide the missing key information below:

1) Is your system having any graphics issues, the reason why you tried to install new graphic drivers for your HP EliteBook 840 G5?

2) How was the new driver installed? Was it manually downloaded and installed or did you use a driver updater tool?

3) From which link the new driver was download or what driver updater tool was used?

3) Additionally, we highly appreciate you sharing your system configuration so we can fully check and provide you with an accurate fix. This could be possible by downloading Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* software. When the download is complete, launch SSU.exe.

1. Scan: Check the box Everything.
  2. Click Scan.
  3. Review: When finished scanning, click Next.
  4. Click Save (.txt file).

I will wait for your reply.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Inventer89
Beginner

1. No.

2. I used your Assistant in web browser.

3. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

4. How to sent info if the OS shows me only black screen after load Windows?

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello Inventer89,

Good day!

Were you able to check the previous post? We are just waiting for an update regarding the details and SSU log file we requested. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon so we can identify the next steps that need to be taken to solve this issue.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello Inventer89,

Your latest post did not show up during the time I did a follow up, my apologies.

Would you be able to use an external display with your  HP EliteBook 840 G5? If this is possible and you are getting images on the external display, please proceed with the following steps below:

1) Check if 'Roll Back Driver' is available (not grayed out).

2) If it is grayed out, please proceed with downloading the latest driver from your system manufacturer's driver download page and continue with clean installation of the graphics driver.

NOTE:

Intel provides generic versions of software and drivers.

• Your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes. 
  • If you have an OEM device, contact your Computer Manufacturer Support Websites for the best driver compatibility with your system.

Please be advised that our application, Intel Driver & Support Assistant (Intel DSA), notifies the system user whenever it detects that we have a newer driver version from our Download Center, however, the drivers are generic. We also do not recommend updating any drivers if the system does not have any issues at all.

We hope the steps above help. I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello Inventer89,

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Feel free to let me know if you have questions or need clarification.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello Inventer89,

As I have not heard from you for the past few days, I will proceed in closing this thread. Should you need assistance in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Sincerely,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
Inventer89
Beginner

I resolved a problem - I bought Notebook with AMD - no more Intel Graphics.

0 Kudos