Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21060 Discussions

Newest Driver Failing to Install - Asrock Arc 750

AccountingGuy
Novice

Hello I am trying to install the latest driver (31.0.101.4644). I am currently on driver (31.0.101.4577). I attached a report from SSU if that helps at all.

Basically, when I launch the "gfx_win_101.4644.exe" installer that I downloaded the Intel website. It crashes after extracting and showing the Intel installer screen. It crashes before showing any button prompts and it crashes silently. It does not show the "thinking" circle or say that it is reporting the crash to Microsoft. It just disappears completely after appearing on the screen for about five seconds. I forgot to mention that I have uninstalled and reinstalled my GPU driver multiple times with DDU while trying to install the new driver.

I have an Asrock Intel Arc A750 Challenger D 8GB OC.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AccountingGuy
Novice

Hello Andres,

I actually managed to fix it right before and I went on short trip this weekend. I decided to check Event Viewer and tried to debug it myself. I found that it kept crashing because of a corrupted .NET installation. So I found a tool on Microsoft's website that attempts to fix .NET installations (NetFxRepairTool.exe). 

Here is a link in case anyone else runs into the same problem and happens to have the same issue.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Thanks you again for reaching out to me but I have resolved it by fixing my corrupted .NET installation that was causing the the installer to crash.

Kind regards,

AccountingGuy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello AccountingGuy,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. I see that the driver installer closes when installing the graphics driver for the Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics, I understand that this can be frustrating for you, I will be happy to help you.  

Try installing the graphics driver using the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant, if you have not done that, to check if the issue is present in this way. For guidance, How to Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 & Windows 11 (Method 1).

Let me know if the issue persists.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
AccountingGuy
Novice

Hello Andres,

I actually managed to fix it right before and I went on short trip this weekend. I decided to check Event Viewer and tried to debug it myself. I found that it kept crashing because of a corrupted .NET installation. So I found a tool on Microsoft's website that attempts to fix .NET installations (NetFxRepairTool.exe). 

Here is a link in case anyone else runs into the same problem and happens to have the same issue.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Thanks you again for reaching out to me but I have resolved it by fixing my corrupted .NET installation that was causing the the installer to crash.

Kind regards,

AccountingGuy

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello AccountingGuy,

Thank you for your response.

Happy to hear that the issue is fixed by running the tool on Microsoft's website to fix .NET installations, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Andres P.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos