Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

No 4k UHD 10th Gen over HDMI port

Galaxieman63
Beginner

I just bought a 2021 model laptop with a Core i5 1035G1 and UHD graphics. The laptop has one HDMI port. I am replacing the laptop in my office which is connected to a 4K monitor over HDMI. Using the same, known good cable to the new laptop, I cannot get it to display anything more than 1920x1080 (60Hz). That's the highest resolution available.

I ran all updates, then installed drivers from Intel along with Graphics command center. Graphics Command center gives me the same resolution options. However, on the information tab, it shows my monitor is Good for 4K with a green check mark, and displays supported resolutions up to 4096x2160 60 Hz. I tried adding a custom resolution in command center, which saves, but if I select it the resolution doesn't change and it immediately goes back to 1920x1080 in the selection box. I tried a usb-C to HDMI adapter that I use with my macbook, and I know can handle 4K on the MAC. Same issue.

I even tried booting to a live Ubuntu USB, and I see the same thing, only resolutions up to 1080p available. I swapped HDMI cables and tried hooking up to a 4K TV, same thing. At this point I'm out of ideas. I can't fathom that this brand new 10th gen laptop can't output 4K but the entry level 7 year old laptop it's replacing does.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Galaxieman63

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

1- We understand that this is a new laptop. Just to make sure, is the behavior happening since the very first day that you have the system?

2- Please provide the brand and the full exact model of the (1) 4k TV and (2) 4k monitor:

3- What is the exact configuration? Are you trying to connect only 1 display? Do you have any other devices/peripherals connected?

4- Please provide a Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers following the steps on the below link. Make sure the monitor in question is connected to the computer when running the tool.

5- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.
  • To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Galaxieman63

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Galaxieman63

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now.

However, we would like to confirm that the Intel® Core™ i5-1035G1 Processor supports 4096 x 2304@60Hz over HDMI® and 5120 x 3200@60Hz over DisplayPort™ (DP).

Considering the behavior occurs using different display/monitors, different cables, and even on different operating systems (Windows* and Linux), we recommend checking this further with the laptop manufacturer for further assistance/debugging and also to confirm video output resolution capabilities. Here you may find links to computer manufacturer support websites.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos