Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

No "Override Application" setting with 4th Generation Intel Graphics Control Panel (i3-4010U)

EEmn
Beginner

For older Intel GPUs (4400) there was a setting in the Display tab that allowed the Control Panel scaling to override application settings.

There is no option that allows the overriding of application settings. However, there are several scaling options. I appreciate the scaling options but if running fullscreen games at a different aspect ratio (4:3, 16:10, etc.) you get black bars. Intel please add this back. I have the latest 15.40.28.4501 driver. I trides almost all but couldn't remove the black bars.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on this matter, I have forwarded this request to the appropriate department.

Allan.

EEmn
Beginner

I saw many people asking for this options to, we need to run other programs to manage this. It would be great if it comes back.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for letting me know about this matter. I will definitely forward it to the appropriate team.

Allan.
0 Kudos