Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

No video with TV HDR enabled and A750

geezer357
Beginner

I have my A750 in a HTPC. That is connected via HDMI into a home theater receiver, then to my TV.

When I enable HDR on my TV, I get a blue screen (not BSOD). If I hit the "quick menu" button on the receiver, the menu pops up as normal, just with a blue background. All of my other inputs (4k Blu-ray, NVIDIA Shield, etc.) works normal. I had an EVGA GTX 1660 Super in the HTPC prior to the A750 and everything functioned normal. I'm using all of the same cables and equipment as with the 1660, only the GPU changed.

Prior to installing the A750, I used the latest version of Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to delete all of NVIDIA's files. I installed the card and connected it to the receiver. The screen showed the desktop prior to installing the Intel driver, albeit improperly scaled to the TV. After installing the driver and restarting the computer, I got the first blue screen (not BSOD). After a few restarts, I connected the card to my gaming monitor and it showed the desktop. I tried connecting it back to the receiver and again, I got the blue screen (not BSOD). After a couple more restarts, I tried connecting directly to the TV, bypassing the receiver. Desktop! I started troubleshooting the receiver when I realized that TV Input 3 (Receiver) had HDR enabled and TV Input 1 (A750) had HDR disabled. I enabled HDR on Input 1 and got the blue screen (not BSOD). I then disabled HDR on Input 1 and it showed the desktop. I then disabled HDR on TV Input 3, plugged the receiver into the A750 and it showed the desktop. 

Everything is fixed, right? No. When an input has an HDR signal, a notification pops up from my TV to enable HDR and it wont go away until I do. Besides, if HDR is available, I want to watch it in HDR. When I switch back to the HTPC, I have to go all the way to the bottom of the TV menu to disable HDR and restart the TV.

In my troubleshooting, I eliminated the TV because, when there's the blue screen (not BSOD), the "quick menu" from the receiver shows as it normally would and I eliminated the receiver because the issue happens when the A750 is directly connected to the TV.

HTPC:

MPG B460I Gaming Edge WIFI

Intel Core i5-10400F

G.SKILL Aegis 16GB (2x8GB)

Intel Arc A750 Limited Edition

Fractal Design Ion+ 560P

Windows 10 Home 22H2

Receiver:

Onkyo TX-NR676

TV:

LG 55-UH6030

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello geezer357,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand that there is no video (the tv only displays a blue screen) when you enable HDR on your TV.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• You mention that you tried your gaming monitor, are you able to test and enable the HDR option on your gaming monitor to see if you can replicate the issue?
  • Test our latest BETA driver, 31.0.101.4257. Perform a clean driver installation for the latest, since sometimes corrupted files from previous drivers may cause malfunctions.

In case the issue is still present, create another system report using the Intel® Graphics Command Center:

• Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
  • Navigate to the Support tab
  • Select System Diagnostic
  • Click Generate Report
  • Select Save and name the output file.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello geezer357,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello geezer357,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos