Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

Noise in display port 1.2 audio at full 4k resoultion(4096*2160)

aasho
Novice

hello,

I'am using intel i7-7700k processor with intel hd 630 graphics.My motherboard is gigabyte gaming 9.My monitor in LG31MU97-B which works at 4k(4096*2160)@60fps via display port 1.2.Due to issues with intel hd graphics 630 and LG monitor firmware i'am unable to connect my display port 1.2 directly to monitor.The issue i have reported via the thread below is still unresolved.My complete system details and configuration have been posted in the thread below for your reference.

Currently I'am running my monitor by connecting a HP Zbook thunderbolt 3 dock via thunderbolt 3 port of motherboard and using the display port of the dock to connect to the monitor.I'am able to drive the monitor at full resoltion but the issue is noise in display port audio.I have referred LG manual which says that some graphics adapters introduce noise in audio at higher resolution and hence they suggested to enable the display port equaliser.Even with the display port equaliser function enabled the issue still persists.How to solve this.Currently i'am running the latest version of intel hd graphics driver (Version: 15.65.4.4944).

Expecting an immediate resolution to the issue

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello AmalAshok

Thank you so much for contacting us regarding the issue that you are experiencing and was handled on a previous thread; it will be more than a pleasure to assist you in order to move forward to a solution/answer.

I was taking a look to the case and I noticed that you added the link of the original thread, as shared before on the original post our debugging process has concluded and it was determined that there is an issue with this monitor's panel firmware.

We are currently waiting for a solution; it all depends on LG's answer which has no ETA at the moment.

I am currently sending this case upon further review to higher management, however I strongly encourage you to keep on following the old thread since all the relevant information about the case will be handled in the original post.

I will get in touch with you as soon as I have an answer, thank you for your patience, in advance.

Best Regards,

Diego S

0 Kudos
aasho
Novice

Hello,

Any update on the noise issue with display port 1.2 audio.

With best regards,

Amal Ashok

0 Kudos
aasho
Novice

Hello,

With regard to the original thread i got a reply from LG india that still there is not any reply from LG Headquarters.

With best regards,

Amal Ashok

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AmalAshok,

Thank you for your response.

As shared before, we are currently waiting for a solution; it all depends on LG's answer which has no ETA at the moment.

The debugging process has concluded in our end and the report was sent to LG* in order to fix monitor's panel firmware (which is affecting audio on display ports and adapters as well) so we are basically waiting for an official answer from LG* Headquarters.

I strongly recommend you to keep on following the old thread since all the relevant information about the case will be handled in the original post.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos