Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21286 Discussions

Oculus Rift S with Intel Arc 770

InSyDeR
Beginner

Hello,

I understand that VR is not currently officially supported by Intel Arc 770, but does someone found a workaround to make this headset work? Oculus Rift S I mean. I am currently encountering this error (see attachment). Using SteamVR does not work, or any other VR app. It's like the card doesn't know what to do with the connected Display Port. I know that the headset works on the other computer with GTX 1060.

I saw some videos with VR working on an A770 with an Oculus Quest, but that headset can work with a software link and doesn't require a cable connection. There is a whole different story with the Oculus Rift S. Quest is a standalone VR device, but the Rift S is more like a monitor.

Will Intel update the drivers in the future to support VR (or this headset) officially?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello InSyDeR,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand that you are looking for information about the support for Oculus Rift S with Intel Arc 770.

Intel Arc graphics support for VR headsets continues to evolve as we ramp up our products and add updates to our software stack.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
shawnzhou
Beginner

hi,

any update or plan?The Oculus Rift S  still not work with Intel Arc 770,i just try it.

0 Kudos
Rabbit76
Beginner
Hello,
Would be great if intel arc supports oculus rift. Please give us this gift for 2024 🙂
0 Kudos