Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20949 Discussions

P4600 and after effects ... poor performance ?

KBosm
Beginner

Hi,

I have bought a HP Z1 G2 Workstation which contains a INTEL HD Graphics P4600 card.

(64 bit - Windows 7 - 16 GB RAM).

When I work in after effects, the performance is really slow, especially when creating a simple animation. Changing a keyframe and have the impact updated on the display takes seconds. Which makes the system basically impossible to do video editing work in after effects (which is why I have bought the system). When I do this on my laptop with a K4100, the animations is capable of following my keyframe updates promptly.

Driver version updated to v10.18.14.4080 (date: 05/01/2015)

At the startup it mentions something about GPU but I don't think that is relevant for Intel graphic cards, isn't it ?

Thanks for any advice that can make my system usable for video editing work.

Kris

0 Kudos
6 Replies
KBosm
Beginner

Accidentally hit the "Mark as assumed answered button... but unfortunately it is not.

Should anyone know how to tune the device for better performance in After Effects, please do so !

Thx,

Kris

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi

Could you please attach a DXDiag report for your system? What version of After Effects are you using?

3rd Party Sites:

Have you seen the performance tweaks on the Adobe site? http://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/improve-performance.html Improve performance

And finally, this is a good source for configuring After Effects. https://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/setting-up-after-effects-for-optimum-performance-with-64-bit-systems Setting Up After Effects for Optimum Performance with 64-Bit Systems - After Effects Tutorial

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
KBosm
Beginner

Hi Robert,

Thank you for taking some time to help me out.

Here is the result of the DXDiag program: (I cannot attach a .txt file to this reply so I post the content of the file in here.

Hopefully you can see something in there which may cause this problem.

The version of After Effects is CC2014 (latest version - fresh install since last week).

I will also check the pointers you have put in your email

Thx !

0 Kudos
KBosm
Beginner

Hi Robert,

And while reading, my attention is drawn back to this sentence:

Enable hardware acceleration of previews, which uses the GPU to assist in drawing previews to the screen.

This is probably the problem. Doesn't Intel have something like GPU to enable acceleration of preview ?

Thx,

Kris

0 Kudos
KBosm
Beginner

Hi robert,

Tried to send you an email with the file attached, but I get an undeliverable message back.

Apparently tries to send it to : mailto:webadmin@intel.com webadmin@intel.com

Any other way to send the info to you ?

Kris

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

You can attach a file by clicking Reply, Use advanced editor (top right corner), Attach (bottom right corner).

0 Kudos