Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

P55 SATA Driver for ACHI mode and 64-bit Win7

idata
Employee

I'm currently building a PC with a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD5 mobo which contains the P55 chipset. I have a 1.5TB SATA HDD which I wish to run in ACHI mode and I'm installing 64-bit Windows 7 Pro.

I've set the BIOS PCH SATA Control Mode (Intel P55 Chipset) to AHCI and I copied the 64-bit SATA Controller drivers from the Gigabyte supplied motherboard CD to a USB flash drive.

I reached the Win7 installation stage where I could load the SATA Controller driver from my USB flash drive.

The Gigabyte manual suggested that I select "Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO/PCH SATA RAID Controller" as the driver to install however the only driver listed for my system when I hid drivers that are not compatible with the hardware on my computer was "Intel(R) PCH SATA ACHI Controller".

Does anyone know the correct driver that I should be installing? FYI, I continued the installation of Windows using the "Intel(R) PCH SATA ACHI Controller" and everything seems to be functioning okay.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

FYI, I continued the installation of Windows using the "Intel(R) PCH SATA ACHI Controller" and everything seems to be functioning okay.

Thats fine then just install Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager and that will update the driver in windows no need to load the SATA Controller drivers on install windows again.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for your help PeterUK - much appreciated.

0 Kudos