Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

Problem submitting bug report

kai47
Beginner

As I am detected some bug and problem with graphics command center and integrated graphics.

Trying to send a report to server but it failing even after many try.

The following Bug :-

(1)~ When I choosing the refresh rate and then tried to revert on countdown. It is not reverting.
(2)~ my screen is flickering when after some time I select intel command center from taskbar.
(3)~ why intel graphics dedicated memory size is showing 0. It is around 128 Mb but not zero (0) I think or I am wrong.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello kai47,  

Thank you for your internal response. 

I will recommend you try the following: 

1. First, I would like to confirm if the flickering problem and the issue with changing the refresh rate are with the built-in display, an external monitor, or both? 

2. Does the same issue happen if you try with the drivers provided by your system manufacturer (OEM)? Try the following steps to the letter to install the driver: 

1. Download the driver and save it on the computer: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/vostro-15-3578-laptop/drivers  

2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 

3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Command Center from Control Panel Programs and Features

4. Restart the computer. 

5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 

6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager

1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 
  2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 
  3. Click on 'Uninstall'. 
  4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 

7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded in step 1. 

8. Restart the computer. 

9. Reconnect to the Internet. 

3. Update your Operating System (OS) to the latest version available for your system: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/update-windows-10-3c5ae7fc-9fb6-9af1-1984-b5e0412c556a#:~:text=In%20Windows%2010%2C%20you%20decide,Update%20%26%20Security%20%3E%20Windows%20Update%20.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello kai47, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system. 

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer 
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers, follow this link.  

I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile. Please reply to the email in order to provide us with the report(s) to avoid exposing sensitive information in the communities. 

3. Is this problem with a laptop's built-in display or does it happen with an external display as well?  

4. Can you provide a video of the second behavior your reported? "my screen is flickering when after some time I select intel command center from taskbar." 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello kai47,  

Thank you for your internal response. 

I will recommend you try the following: 

1. First, I would like to confirm if the flickering problem and the issue with changing the refresh rate are with the built-in display, an external monitor, or both? 

2. Does the same issue happen if you try with the drivers provided by your system manufacturer (OEM)? Try the following steps to the letter to install the driver: 

1. Download the driver and save it on the computer: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/vostro-15-3578-laptop/drivers  

2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 

3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Command Center from Control Panel Programs and Features

4. Restart the computer. 

5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 

6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager

1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 
  2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 
  3. Click on 'Uninstall'. 
  4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 

7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded in step 1. 

8. Restart the computer. 

9. Reconnect to the Internet. 

3. Update your Operating System (OS) to the latest version available for your system: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/update-windows-10-3c5ae7fc-9fb6-9af1-1984-b5e0412c556a#:~:text=In%20Windows%2010%2C%20you%20decide,Update%20%26%20Security%20%3E%20Windows%20Update%20.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello kai47,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
kai47
Beginner
Yes, I have read the post. Thanks for helping.
0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello kai47,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are glad to know that you've found a solution. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it.

If you need any additional information, You are more than welcome to submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos