Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Problem using Zoom Virtual Background with a laptop that has an Intel(R) HD Graphics 620

NLucz
Novice

Hello,

I have a Dell Latitude 5480 with Windows 10 Enterprise, Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-7600u CPU, 64 bit Operating System.

I am using Zoom.com Pro for virtual meetings at work.

I cannot use the Zoom virtual backgrounds because, as Zoom has stated on their support website, my computer has the Intel(R) HD Graphics 620. The Zoom website states:

Note: Due to issues with compatibility with Intel CPUs using the HD 620 graphics processor, devices using those processors, must use a physical green screen.

Here is the link to the Zoom page with this information. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/210707503-Virtual-Background

I have updated my Intel(R) HD Graphic 620 driver. I still have the same problem.

May I suggest you download the Zoom app to a laptop with a intel(R) HD Graphic 620, download the Zoom app, and then try and use the virtual background you will see what happens. You may even have someone at intel that already uses Zoom that has the same problem. The background does not display correctly. I think it has something to do with not having a virtual green screen. This is not my area of expertise. I was hoping Intel could find a way to make it work.

I too need to use the virtual background for our meetings. Is there a way Intel can make this work?

Thank you for your assistance with this issue.

Nancy😊

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Just an opinion, but I think zoom lacks the expertise to program correctly. They certainly have demonstrated so with security issues.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
NLucz
Novice

Hopefully Intel can work with Zoom to come up with a way to make it work. 😊

0 Kudos