Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Problem with Collage after Monitor Restart

RoGl
Beginner

Hello,

i have connected two identical monitors as collage (1xHDMI and 1x DP). If I now switch off the monitors overnight and leave the pc switched on and it jumps back into the cloned modus. How can I permanently safe the Collage?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello RoGl,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

To better assist you I would appreciate if you could provide the following information:

• How are you setting the Collage Display Mode option? Please provide steps.
  • Are you using the Intel® Graphics Command Center?
  • When did you notice this behavior, was this working fine before?
  • Are you setting your computer into sleep mode? Or are you just leaving the computer on until next usage?

Additionally, to ensure the proper configuration of both displays I would like to share with you the following article.

There you can find general information and how to appropriately set this Mode.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
RoGl
Beginner

Hello Esteban,

following teh Answers to your Questions:

How are you setting the Collage Display Mode option? Please provide steps.

When everything is started up, Windows will recognize the two monitors. Then we start the tool "Intel HD Graphics 620" and set to collage. Then we correct the arrangement of the monitors and create a profile.
Once configured, it works perfectly. But as soon as the monitors are switched off and on again, the configuration is lost.
If you reload the profile, the configuration is correct again.

Are you using the Intel® Graphics Command Center?No, we are using "Intel HD Graphics 620" because of the Windows version

When did you notice this behavior, was this working fine before?

We don´t know  if it worked  before. We never switched the monito of without switching the PC of.

Are you setting your computer into sleep mode? Or are you just leaving the computer on until next usage?

The computer stays on all the time. Only the Monitors will be switched off during the night.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello RoGl,

Thank you so much for your response.

There are a few recommendations that I would like to provide to you:

1) After reviewing the report attached to the case I noticecd that you are using an outdated version of the graphics driver.

I would strongly recommend the update to the latest version which is 27.20.100.8935 this will provide performance improvements and stability.

Please refer to the Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows® 10 for guidance during the installation process.

2) I would recommend to set this mode using the Intel® Graphics Command Center (IGCC). Please follow the steps below to install the utility:

a. Open the URL for the Microsoft Store Intel® Graphics Control Panel application or search for the Intel Graphics Command Center using the search bar in the Microsoft Store.

b. Click Get

Once the Intel® Graphics Command Center is successfully installed, please refer to the following article

Under section “How do I enable Collage Display?” please scroll down until you see the steps for the IGCC.

Please follow the steps in the article and let me know if you notice any improvement after that.

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello RoGl,

Were you able to check the previous post?   

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello RoGl,

We have not heard back from you. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos