Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Problem with Intel Display drivers on Win7/10 on Toshiba Tecra Z50-A,C and Z30-B. When docked, with either single or multiple monitors, the screens will all go black. On Win10, one or both external monitors will stop working.

DMcFa1
Beginner

Eliminated the monitors or hardware as being the problem since this is happening on ALL laptops. Have the latest drivers from Toshiba since Intel won't provide those. I don't know where else to go with this.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

DMcFa1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Just to let you know, we recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform. Since you already did that, to get in contact with the manufacturer of the laptops will be the next thing to do.

However, in order to further assist you, we can always try some troubleshoot steps to try to fix this problem. In order for us to be able to do that, please provide the following information:

What is the model of the monitors?

What is the model of the dock station?

Which video ports are you using to connect the dock station to the laptops and to connect the monitors to the dock station?

Were they working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Additionally, using the system as it currently is, with both monitors attached to the laptop, please provide the Intel® graphics report:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html

Please provide the DXDiag description:

In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

Open the report.

Use the option "save all information" to save the .TXT file to your desktop.

And also the SSU report:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach the files, once you choose "reply" select the "clip" icon on the lower left corner.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician   

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

DMcFa1, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
DMcFa1
Beginner
Hi Alberto, This computer in particular was working fine with Windows 7 and the drivers from the manufacturer. No piece of hardware has changed. We have 1000s of Toshiba laptops throughout the company. This is the only model we have (Toshiba Z30-B) in the company. The drivers all came from Toshiba for the fresh install of Windows 10. I’ve used every single driver they have posted for Windows 10 going backwards and get the exact same result every time. The two brand new monitors either both go off, or one goes off. They drop from the device manager as if they are not plugged in at all. I’ve contacted Toshiba multiple times to which the only response I get from them is that the system needs to be installed with the original copy of Windows 10 from Toshiba. That’s not a solution. I could only get the following screenshots from the person who’s computer is affected: [cid:image001.png@01D52686.9A6410E0] [cid:image003.png@01D52686.9A6410E0]
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

DMcFa1, Thank you very much for letting us know that information.

For this specific case, the problem could be related to hardware compatibility between Windows* 10 and the docking station, most of the docking stations are not that new, the operating system might not be recognizing it properly and that is why the monitors are not working as expected.

Even though the docking station is considered an adapter or converter and Intel® does not support that type of configuration, we have some suggestions that might be useful for this scenario.

To rule out a possible compatibility problem, do you have the option to test the laptops without using the docking station?

Is there any way that you can set a straight connection between the laptops and the monitors, without using any adapters or converters? Meaning that if the laptops have a Display port and an HDMI port and the monitors have those same ports, then to get a Display port cable and an HDMI cable to connect them.

If that is not an option, and the laptops have just one video port and it is different from the ports in the monitor, do you have the chance to maybe get a video adapter or splitter to connect both monitors?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

DMcFa1, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

DMcFa1, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos