Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21023 Discussions

Problem with Intel UHD Graphics card glitch - need help

gmarluk
New User

Currently have a two year old Dell XPS lap top that has both an Intel UHD Graphics card and a NVIDIA GeoForce RTX 3050 TiLaptop GPU.

This had worked well until 5 days ago when all of a sudden when working on the computer the sound of something disconnecting from the computer came out of nowhere and the screen went haywire and almost completely unreadable (bright white with odd colors). I tried rebooting the computer and while the Dell startup screen appeared normal, as it went through it's boot up process the screen changed.  While troubleshooting I discovered when I connected an outside monitor it corrected the problem.

I updated my BIOS and drivers and the boot up problem still persisted.  Figured out if I disabled the UHD graphics card then I could boot up fine - but was unable to do some basic features unless I re-enabled the card (which I can do and it runs fine).

Any thoughts? The only other thing I had done recently is install SpyderPro 5.6 to ensure the color was correct - but I had uninstalled it and the issue persists.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello gmarluk,

Thank you for posting in Intel community Forum.

For us to further check this, please help provide the following details:

For us to further check the issue, please help generate the SSU logs of your system. Kindly download the utility here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Gmarluk,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to read the email that we sent. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello gmarluk,

I hope you are having a good day.

I am sending another follow up on the information that I requested. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Thank you and have a great day. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos