Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20947 Discussions

Multiple Arc Graphics Card (Dual Arc A770)

Gl1tch
Novice

Hello Beloved Intel Community,

You can call me Barry. I am a PC enthusiast, fascinated by the possibilities and everything surrounding the topic of Multi-GPU. I understand that this “trend” has lost some significance as GPU chips have become powerful standalone units. However, ever since the Arc was released, it has been on my mind constantly. I’ve decided to fully commit to Team Blue, using both CPU and GPU from Intel.

We, who are interested in using multiple Arc graphics cards, dream of features like “Shared VRAM” and many other functions that make Multi-GPU so unique. Shared VRAM is a function for dual GPUs that allows them to pool their VRAM into one large unit, effectively increasing the capacity of the VRAM (for example, two 16GB Arc A770 GPUs would have 32GB of shared VRAM). Other benefits include better render scaling time, improved shader compilation (where two units work as one), and other features that make dual GPU setups unique for PC enthusiasts like me.

This is our wish for the Intel Arc A770. Its DeepLink Technology is already impressive, and XeSS continues to improve over time. It’s the vision that some people, like me, have in mind and want to achieve. For me, the idea of having two Intel Arc A770 GPUs is a huge dream, and I’m sure many others who want the best for their usage feel the same. My primary uses are gaming and 3D applications like Blender and Unreal Engine 5. From what I’ve heard, the Intel Arc A770 is a great choice for mid-budget usage with Unreal Engine 5.

I don’t want to force anyone or anything to do what we or I desire. However, it would be a shame to abandon an old trend that was more than revolutionary. So please, Intel, make the Arc A770 multi-GPU compatible with shared VRAM. Just imagine how awesome it would be to have 32GB of VRAM by using two graphics cards at a very reasonable price. What a dream I wish shall come true.

Lovely Regards, GL1

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mike_Intel

Hello Gl1tch,

Thank you for understanding.

Since there is no update on that one, there is also no details yet about the testing. For now, kindly visit our website and newsroom from time to time if there will be an update for this feature.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Gl1tch
Novice

I'm open for opinions and ready to listen hat others think as well, since we are a community and we all desire for the best with Intel

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Gl1tch,

Thank you for posting in Intel community Forum.

And big Thank you for showing interest in our products.

As of the moment that configuration is not yet supported. Please refer to the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000093657/graphics.html

Best regards,

Michael L.

Gl1tch
Novice

Hello there Mike and thank you for your reply

I'm grateful for your reply and for not ignoring a little wished feature for the Intel GPU market. 
However, all I want to know for now is if it is possible to make this configuration possible with the Arc architechture (if it is possible that the Arc A Graphics Card will be compatible for this kind of configuration)

In lovely regards, GL1

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Gl1tch,

Thank you for the update.

There is a market for this configuration and hopefully Arc Graphics will be capable for this.

However, there is no timeline yet on when this configuration will be available.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Gl1tch
Novice

Hello Michael 

I am grateful once again for your reply, even if it wasn't the reply I expected. I will stay with the Arc A770 and go with it in a dual gpu setup. Since I have no high interest in AMD and especially in NVDIA.  I also hope that it will happen for the Arc is getting compatible for dual gpu setups. If it will be helpful I would be ok that my pc would give you some diagnose datas for dual gpu performance. 

Still thx 

In lovely regards

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Gl1tch,

Thank you for understanding.

Since there is no update on that one, there is also no details yet about the testing. For now, kindly visit our website and newsroom from time to time if there will be an update for this feature.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Gl1tch,

We would like to know if you have any questions regarding the recommendation that we have provided.

If so, kindly inform me, as we would be glad to assist you. 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos