Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Problem with computer not using Radeon graphics card

JDesp
Beginner

I have the same problem othera have reported with being unable to force my XPS 15 2 in 1 to use the Radeon graphics card in "Railroad Empire". I have tried all the steps in thread 77761, even launching the game from the Radeon control panel, but the game will not recognize the Radeon card. The Intel graphics card will not support the game. In the Railroad Empire community forum on Steam, it was recommended to open the game as administrator and that helps to make the game playable but still does not resolve the graphics card issue. No matter what I do, the game will not recognize the Radeon card. I hate the integrated graphic card and wish I had never purchased. Have spent more time trying to get various games to play correctly than playing the games. Railroad Empire just won't recognize the Radeon.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello jwd3,

Thank you for posting. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this matter.

Please, provide more information about this behavior:

• Do you see any error message when running the game? I would like to confirm how you know that the video adapter is not recognizing the game.
  • Do you see any error messages in Device Manger for the Radeon adapter?
  • When did the issue start?
  • Does it only occur with "Railroad Empire"?
  • Can you check with Dell support is you need to enable any special feature in your BIOS for it to work?
  • Have you tested this driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28172/Radeon-RX-Vega-M-Graphics?product=136865 Download Radeon™ RX Vega M Graphics?

Amy C

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/129475 jwd3,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Amy C

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos